By Anonymous - 14/04/2013 14:22 - United States - Big Lake

Today, I asked my grandmother to hem my prom dress for me. I'm her oldest granddaughter so I thought she'd be happy to do it. She said no. Her occupation is a seamstress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 252
You deserved it 7 997

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nattynatters 14

Some people feel used when family asks them for free labor. Maybe you should have offered to do something nice in return?

rahulcool7 14

I don't think it is that common to know how to hem a dress.

Comments

How do u know she's not busy? I'm pretty sure she didn't say just no, there's more to this...don't be a brat about it

I hit YDI just because you sound like you're entitled to free hemming from your grandma. Just because. She does it for a living, doesn't mean that she'd want to do it for you just because you're her oldest grandchild. -.- how about you try paying her or seeing if she needs any help with anything. Don't expect things from grandparents just because. You need to give a little to get a little.

If you were a dentist, would you want your family to come to you for teeth cleanings on your time off? If you were a CPA would you want to do your family's taxes? What makes you think your seamstress grandma wants to do work, just to please her granddaughter? I think you are being self centered.

You should have asked "Grandma, can you teach me how to hem my dress?" It would have most likey resulted I the two of you doing it together and bonding, also you would have acquired a new skill. And your dress would have gotten hemmed.

You look like a Barbie! Your face is so flawless!!!

That doesn't mean that she want's to be your dress heming slave.

kriz_allizwell 6

Even after you offered to pay her at her normal rate of pay for her JOB? Or did you not offer to pay? No, surely you wouldn't ask without offering to pay! Surely.