By creeped_out_ - 24/06/2009 21:34 - United States

Today, I am currently grounded for three weeks, have no car, cell phone, or television privileges, and am not allowed to spend more than 10 minutes on the computer a day. The reason why: I was seven minutes past my 9'oclock curfew. I'm 18. FML
I agree, your life sucks 85 845
You deserved it 13 540

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh_dee 0

so you spent your ten computer minutes to write an fml? that's kind of fml worthy in itself.....

doodlebug93 0

Comments

Dude ur parents are control freaks!! Either move out or just don't care as to wat they say!!! Ur ******* 18, ur an adult, they will be legally responsible if they try to hurt u or something!! U make ur own rules! It's ur ******* life!!

My parents are the same, sadly :( ******* nazis

when i was a kid my mom used to ground me 1 day for every minute i was late.

cactus_fml 0

Really? I'm fifteen and my curfew is 11:00, and if I'm a few minutes late nobody cares. It's kind of stupid for you to have a curfew at all at eighteen, considering you're a legal adult. Why is that rule even in place? Sure you live in their house, but what difference does it make to them if you come home at 9:00 PM or 3:00 AM as long as you're now loud when you get home? It's not like it's a rule like, "Mom and dad decide what we watch because it's their TV" or something, that makes sense. What I mean is, if you're eighteen, regardless of the fact that you're living in their house, what difference does the time you come home at make to them?

For my parents, it was a matter of courtesy to them. My mom likes to stay up until she knows I'm home safe, and so my curfew was 10:00 on week nights and 11:00/midnight on weekends because she had to go to work the next day and didn't want to be up until 3:00am. Usually if you respect your parents they'll respect you back and give you some freedom.

cactus_fml 0

I can understand wanting to stay up until your kid gets home, my mom can't sleep until I'm home safe and sound either, but at some point you have to kind of let your kids go a little. I totally get what you mean though.

wow dude... a 9 oclock curfew at 18??? wtf dude holy shit........ woww...

effthis 0

That sucks. I'm 14 and my curfew is so much later than that. I feel really bad for you. Definitely rebel against your parents.

Seti_fml 0

yea... if the op really wanted out of the situation (s)he'd just leave, its not like the parents could do anything about it.

YDI for living with assholes like that for 1 second longer than necessary. And since you have none of the stated privileges, it must be b/c they pay for all that stuff, and as such, they have every right to take it away for any reason whatsoever, or for no reason at all. Maybe your parents are totally OK folks who are trying to motivate your deadbeat ass into getting a job and a place. Quit whining and start looking for apartments.

CatieBabey 0

not that simple buddy. the economy is in shambles. not too many 18-year-olds have full-time jobs and can afford things like rent, bills, groceries... for my college apartment rent alone is $370