By NickySimpson - 30/04/2016 00:46 - United States - Sacramento

Today, I almost got fired for not following my boss on Twitter and Instagram. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 926
You deserved it 1 191

NickySimpson tells us more.

Guys, I work at Cartoon Network as a storyboard artist where we joke a lot. Luckily, my boss was joking. Phew.

Top comments

Does your boss happen to be an 8 year old?

I don't think it's fire worthy.. Fyl indeed.

Comments

ar2ag3on 4

you told him to suck it right? (off the clock)

I don't have any social media other than fml as well. And I have not had a boss ever "order" me to follow them on social media. The cool thing about social media is meeting people and communicating, which businesses use now to get known and attract customers. But everyone has their different point of view and intentions.

If you (love) not (just like) your job, because I don't know how long you've been working there, then follow him, even though I believe you have every right not to follow him.

You (have) very (opposite points) of view. Oh, wait, that's not how parentheses work?

Let him fire you, and then sue for unlawful firing.

I wonder how that conversation went down... Boss: "hey fam hmu on twitta and instaa, I wanna be popular!!" OP: "Sorry sir, I don't have any social media." Boss: "make one now!" OP: "I'm sorry sir, social media just isn't my thing!" Boss: "omg that not ok! ur fired!!"

Hey op, are you his personal assistant? Have you asked other employees if that boss has asked them to do the same? I live in Southern California and I find this disturbing to say the least.

kelssbo 16

My old boss made us add him so that he could stalk us to see if we would come in on our days off.. Ridiculous

So was he stalking you or was he seeing if you could come in on your days off, you do know what stalking is right?

Nicky Simpson, I think you're a female. And if you are, this is harassment. He's trying to get info about you by following him. What next, if you don't go out with him he's going to threaten you again to fire you?

OP's a guy, but the gender doesn't matter in this circumstance.

You can't be this stupid can you? First of all, being female or male has nothing to do with this. Second, why would you think OP's boss is trying to get information about him? 3rd, just look at the male or female icon right next to the name *facepalm*

man_in_black08 28

Lol is ur boss donald trump?