By HeyTherexxx - 21/04/2014 01:02 - United States - Diamond Bar

Today, I accidentally walked in on my mom cheating on my step-dad with my real dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 631
You deserved it 4 418

HeyTherexxx tells us more.

Unfortunately, seeing them was inevitable. I'm trying not to get involved, but needless to say, it's difficult. Apparently, my mother is going to tell my step-dad, but she's a liar sometimes. One step at a time, I suppose.

Top comments

well... I've never heard of that before ... good plot for a movie though.

Comments

Well look on the bright side, there is a chance your parents might get back together.

I think that'd be a good thing wouldn't it?

Don't you knock before walking in a bedroom

I came home earlier than planned and they were in the living room... But, usually I do knock. Seeing them was inevitable.

As a mom who is remarried, I can't imagine scarring my child like that, no matter what age she is. I would have a discussion with mom and then dad so there is not a giant elephant in the room next time they are all together. Mom and step-dad obviously need to talk, but it is up to mom to do this. The daughter should not be responsible for the disclosure or the burden of having to keep mom's secret.

Awkward, at the very least. I'm sorry, OP. Seems like your mom has issues and maybe she still loves your dad ? Marriage is complicated and sometimes, things aren't black or white. My advice to you is DO NOT get involved with that mess mo matter how tempting it may be, and LET THEM sort it out themselves It is NOT your problem to deal with. Also if it is difficult for you to process, I would try to go talk to a counselor. Something similar happened to me when I was living at home, and it turned out letting my parents work it out on their own was the right thing . Not that it wasn't disturbing, but it is really not your burden, OP. My sympathy.

It really isn't that complicated. Ops parents aren't together for a reason and now ops mom is remarried, she made a commitment to another man. If she still has feelings for ops father that is her problem and she needs to deal with it, but cheating on her husband is not the way to do it. And yes OP shouldn't have to get involved but sometimes family counseling is what it takes. OP needs to use her best judgment on whether or not to get involved.

Mom told my step-dad. It's a big mess at the moment, but I'm not involved whatsoever. Everything is on them right now.

an3ph 20