By JJ - 21/03/2016 19:06 - United Kingdom - Southampton

Spicy
Today, I, a vampire-pale girl, went on a blind date with a very dark-skinned young man. We got on like a house on fire, and everything was going smoothly until we leant in for the kiss. I was wearing makeup and no setting spray. He came away with half his face smudged snow white. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 440
You deserved it 9 500

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Rei_Ayanami 18

This may be a sign of too much makeup.

For people wonder: OP is fair skinned (or maybe a vampire goth?) and wears pure white foundation. When they kissed, her foundation came off on his face, which since he was darker skinned cause it to be very obvious and jarring.

Comments

born_hustla 26

Nothing sucks about this situation, and it seems like all went well,..so I guess you deserve this great outcome! Cute!

Setting spray doesn't make a difference anyway! Use a powder to set the makeup or just stop wearing so much of it... People love pale skin

xxkakyxx 9

Try not to stress about it too much! If everything goes well, it could be a funny first date story! To cheer you up, here's a couple things that happened with my current boyfriend of two years on our first date: We went to a dance and when we were walking there, he asked if I had a boyfriend. I said no, and I could have sworn he creepily responded "well you do now." That isn't what he said, but he still thinks I'm crazy for continuing to hang out with him for the rest of the night! After we had a nice time at the dance, we made out on his couch before I went home. He had some sharp stubble going on, so I had severe rugburn for the next two days on my nose and around my mouth. It was so embarrassing going to classes!! Hope that cheers you up OP :)

I don't get the point of wearing makup all over the face like that (foundation?) instead of just the eyes. If your skin is already pale white why do you need to paint over it? I didn't even know people needed to use a spray to make it stay. Sounds like a lot of hassle for something that looks worse that just wearing no or minimal makeup.

Because it evens out blotches in the skin tone.

The point of foundation is to make your whole face the same color. So if you have pimples or splotches or dark circles etc. It also creates a base for blush or toner or eye makeup.

Also just wearing foundation is kind of the definition of "minimal makeup." If someone is wearing any makeup at all, they probably have foundation on.

^What they said. It evens out the colour on your face. If I go somewhere with 'no makeup', I'm probably wearing powder and concealer

But why? It's not like most people care, and if they care about slight imperfections in your face then they're probably a dick.

as a fellow vampire-face I can tell you red spots are very common. I don't always feel comfortable with them, I look like a zombie with an itchy nose... and especially on a first date I wanna feel good!

Makeup doesn't have to be about what other people think. In fact most of the time it's about expressing yourself, or feeling good. Also, I don't think you are understanding how big of a difference just some foundation can make in how someone looks. I sometimes wear minimal makeup, and sometimes I don't wear any. On the days that I do, I feel much more confident and I like how I look.

This was so cute. It's no big deal, laugh it off :)

Offing 10

Does this remind anyone of when Jaden Smith was dating Kylie Jenner?

It's the kind of story people tell at weddings and to grandchildren

"we got on like a house on fire" can someone tell me what this means

"They get on" meaning they get along and connected, "like a house on fire" as in quickly.

Lol this happened to me with a guy I dated except the opposite he was very pale and I'm dark and my foundation would always rub off on him, turned his face orange haha

NamelessGhoul 11

That's actually really cute. You guys should have a good sense of humor about it, really.