By probably not getting the job - 09/03/2015 05:44 - United States - Lake Oswego

Today, I applied for a job at a local store. As I walked out the door, I heard the manager read it out loud and everybody else laugh. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 518
You deserved it 2 675

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Step 1: Make 'em laugh You're doing good so far.

That's straight up rude, you deserve better.

Comments

Step 1: Make 'em laugh You're doing good so far.

octinate 17

At least they didn't immediately throw it away?

That's straight up rude, you deserve better.

It's not rude actually I know a manager from a music store who does that because if they're resume looks really bad they will laugh at you because of bad it is they do it because it's a good example of what not to do.

If the manager wanted the applicant to improve their CV writing skills then they could have just given some constructive criticism. Mocking the candidates CV, especially in front of other people, is rude, even if they convince themselves that they're being helpful.

33, No one is arguing the point that "being bad is bad", however, to do so behind the back of a candidate that you would not hire for the position to people whom are already employees, as opposed to offering constructive criticism to the candidate, is not only useless, but rude.

#33 it IS rude. The way to give constructive criticism is to call the person in, ask about what they've written, why they've worded it that way and ways to improve..... Not take the piss with other employees behind the applicants back .

33 are you saying that we aren't being rude for laughing at the grammatical errors in your comment because it's teaching others what not to do?

They might laugh now. But just keep trying hard op and you'll get a better job where you don't have to deal with douchebags like that!

Wizardo 33

Never work alongside assholes, they shit where they live and you'll just wallow in it forever.

Sounds like it would be better if you didn't have to work with a manager like that.

Scheffy213 17

don't let one asshole bring you down.. there's gonna be a manager that would love to have you work for them

Then that sounds like a terrible place to work

That's horribly unprofessional, but if you laugh with them you may fit in. We use to joke all the time in my department, but we kept it away from the public and other departments .