By why they bomb - 09/03/2015 06:01 - Canada - Campbell River

Today, feeling in need of a self-esteem boost, I took what I thought was a good selfie and I put it on Facebook. Out of 500 friends, the only response I got was a picture of Saddam Hussein with the caption, "This is why I bomb people." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 932
You deserved it 7 831

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he said that because your picture was the bomb

That's what you get when you're fishing for a self-esteem boost on social media. Sorry. Be happy with yourself, regardless of what everyone else thinks. Pride comes from within, not from the approval of others.

Comments

Some friends you have. I'd say leave them

Leave them?? She probably doesn't even actually know 90% of them. Time to wear out the unfriend button.

assassinbanana0 20

Leave her friends because they didn't like a Facebook picture..?

That's what you get when you're fishing for a self-esteem boost on social media. Sorry. Be happy with yourself, regardless of what everyone else thinks. Pride comes from within, not from the approval of others.

I'm sorry, but you've more than likely brought it on yourself somehow.

1dvs_bstd 41

you should have told them.... naaaaaah relax guy.

500 hundred friends? If there's really that many, none of them can be classed as friends, so a personal response isn't to be expected. Same with just 500, as I'm guessing it's supposed to say, most are just acquaintances. You don't need comments or likes to be happy, if you think you look good, then you look good! My comments are just how my phone is bigger than me...

IAmzephyr 22

I feel like we need a bit more info for this one. like, was it a classy picture, or was it a duck-faced, skimpy kind of selfie? that really determines the YDI or FYL in my opinion

It also depends on how often they take selfies. They're the epitome of attention-whoring, especially if taken often (daily/weekly; you really don't need a selfie but maybe once a month or so to update your cover photo on Facebook :/). If OP is looking for more positive comments, they should post a picture of them with some friends instead. :)

Do you know what people called it when they took pictures of themselves before the word selfie existed? They just called them pictures. It worked for all the years photography existed up until about 2000. Why did idiots need a new 'better' name for them?

You could try to diffuse the situation by deleting some "friends".

"in need of a self-esteem boost, I took what I thought was a good selfie" - You should find a hobby, seriously.

catanita 18

Who takes a selfie to boost up its own self esteem?

NinjaBoyDavido 13

Don't let it get to you, I'm sure it was meant as a joke, and I'm also sure you're a great person, your 'friends' just don't deserve you. Stay strong!