By barri - 16/12/2009 07:28 - Costa Rica

Today, both of my grandparents died in a car accident. My Mom and Dad thought it would make me feel better to know they were not my real grandparents, because I'm adopted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 293
You deserved it 2 821

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your parents sure do recognize opportune moments to drop bombs.

MoonyIce 0

I'm pretty sure a lot of the YDIs on the ones that couldn't be anything but FYLs are trolls and/or smartasses. They just click it to be oh-so-bad.

Comments

don't worry, same thing happened to me. only it was my "dad" that died

wow your parents are stupid, but that doesnt make your grandparents any less of grandparents if theyve always been there. ps being adopted isnt bad, if youre life has been good so far then obviously your parents care and just had bad timing telling you this.

Ouch this is really a FML. OP that really sucks, I'm sorry about your grandparents.

guci 4

i imagine the whole thing: Parents: Son, we're sorry to tell you but both of you grandparents died in a car accident OP: *cries* Parents: Oh you shouldn't cry cause you're adopted anyway.

what's the problem about being adopted? they love you anyway.

I don't think it's the problem OP adopted but that her parents assume it won't hurt if Op's grandparents died because they weren't related

Wow I understand if parents don't wanna tell their adopted kids that they are adopted, maybe because they're afraid of the action of they wanna wait "until they understand", but that was just really bad timing. That doesn't help at all. Those events separately might not be as bad, but just putting them together like that isn't right = .=;; It's bad enough that your grandparents died, but now you feel like your "parents" have been lying to you all this time. Sure they love you, that's why they raise you, but I wonder, if they really loved you, you'd think they would've told you the truth in a better way, not like this.....