This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 12/04/2017 18:00 - United States

Today, at work, I scanned nearly 100 documents before I realized that I had scanned them all under the wrong file. I had to delete all the documents, unstaple all of them, and rescan them under the correct file. That's about 3 hours of my 10-hour shift I'll never get back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 094
You deserved it 1 224

Top comments

That sucks, but I have to ask why you had to rescan everything? Wouldn't it have been easier to log into a computer and move/ rename the files?

Couldn't you just move the incorrect contents to the correct file?

Comments

CassyM 6

I really am hoping there was some sort of reason why you couldn't just move the files over. Cause I just had a big giggle thinking you were do tired that you missed the obvious.

Couldn't you just move them to the correct file on the computer? Or are your IT skills not that proficient?

Wouldn't all 10 hours of your shift be hours you couldn't get back? In fact, would all hours of your life be hours you couldn't get back? Because if you can, please tell me how to do it.

Shouldn't have paid attention. But hey, at least it helps the time go by faster.

This exact situation happened to me. We use a copier/printer to put in documents, but there is not "copy" or "rename" functions. Also, the order matters, so if #8 out of #50 is wrong, I have to redo all but #1-7. Now, I put in each document one by one, check the copier for correctness, then move on. It triples the amount of time, but no mistakes to get written up for.