By Murlocmurk - 05/12/2012 17:04 - United States

Today, at school, I have to do a 45 minute presentation with a girl who has panic attacks so bad that she cries, runs out of the room, and sometimes passes out. This presentation terrifies her and it's a major part of my final grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 632
You deserved it 2 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I know FYL because its important, but I have something to say. Take it easy on her. I get panic attacks too. A lot. Sometimes because of stressful situations like those, sometimes because something feels wrong in my body, sometimes for no reason in hte middle of the night. It feels like you are going to die when it gets bad, that it won't stop til you're heart explodes, or you want to faint. Your body feels numb all over, you think you'll collapse. You just feel so anxious you want to get out of wherever you are- I have to walk of metros or out of classrooms. It's hell. Try to be there for her, to understand, maybe she'll be better. Please try to calm her.

Comments

Explain the situation to the teacher and get a new partner or work out another solution. It's not that hard.

lilmisslovely13 15

I think it might be a little late for a new partner

Ouch, maybe you could tell your teacher about the situation, or you could try to work on her with the public speaking aspect; the former would be easier but the latter would benefit her long term as public speaking is an important skill to have now.

Or better yet salvia lets make her have the worst possible outcome, dumbass.

Puff puff pass the joint. Should help her relax enough to get through the presentation.

I hope your teacher is like my gym teacher when he grades the fatty. he gives a grade compared what you do and what you can. not what you do and what you should do.

redmane 21

That is a really stupid way to teach physical education. Does that mean that they're not reaching full potential every class? If it's compared to what they can do, aren't they slacking?

If you literally cannot do something like run a mile because of your weight, you shouldn't be penalized for trying. If you can run half a mile and you make it to a third of a mile, that's what should be graded. For PE, grading what you do/can, vs grading what you do/should sounds like a good idea, as long as there is a goal to raise what you can do in the long run (to work toward those damn stupid state tests).There might be more participation if more teachers did it that way.

I loved gym. I wasn't very good nor did I get picked all every time for team sports but I wasn't in a stupid classroom. What's wrong with kids today where we have to grade them on what they can do and not what they should be doing

redmane 21

I don't know. I see it as motivation.

Ah man, obesity is just implanting itself in American society... Now the fat kid should be able to get an A in gym? What happened to having PE to keep kids in shape?

I am sure your teacher is aware of it (unless you never had to do presentations in her class). If she is unaware of it, you should let her know about it. All I can say is that after you let her know about it, be 100% prepared for the entire presentation. Not only should you be prepared for your part, but for your partner's part as well. I hope it is based on individual marks and not on how both presenters do.

perdix 29

Do your presentation on the phobia many people have of public speaking, and use her as a visual aid. When life hands you lemons, . . .

SystemofaBlink41 27

34- that must feel like hell...

perdix 29

#37, if you were to literally **** the lemons. The low pH would be harsh on your penis.

lelo007 11

When life hands me lemons, I grab the vodka and make lemondrops.. That's probably the best way to go.

UltimateGIRness 16

Unless life also hands you sugar and water, your lemonade is gonna suck

No man you don't actually **** it, you SAY "**** it".

unknown_user5566 26

59- We know. The joke was taking "****" literally.

That sucks.. Maybe talk about it with your Professor?

It might work in your favour if the teachers knows about her condition. Hopefully they'll take that in consideration when grading you. ***Hey,Tatu Baby is still on "Ink Master" after her client kept throwing up. (:

Obey_StudBoii 23

Lol that sucks. I'm sorry op. Get her to calm down before the presentation. Talk with her about confronting her fear of being in front of a large crowd. Better now then never. If she's going to constantly panic and having panic attacks, she'll never make it successful in the working field.

XcuzimsotiredX 25

You do realize it isn't fear right? It is far more dramatic and can do serious damage, and she doesn't control it. She wouldn't WANT to have a panic attack, it just happens.