By too cool - 01/07/2014 03:59 - United States - Carpentersville

Today, at my grandparent's funeral, we were waiting for the pastor. He was fashionably late because he couldn't find his sunglasses and had gone to buy new ones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 378
You deserved it 3 347

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well he's not very committed to his job now, is he?

Clothes don't make the man. Attitude doesn't make the man. Sunglasses make the man. With good sunglasses, you're damned right he was fashionably late

Comments

Them material possessions. Obviously he thinks he's gonna get to take those fashionable sunglasses to heaven with him. Too bad they're gonna get stolen or broken when he falls and hits the bottom of hell.

TheKingKen 22

That's just plain horrible. Even if he's not related to OP's grandparent, he still need to be respectful by being professional about his job.

So you would rather get priest with migraine or who couldnt see? I have friend who just cant be outside in bright day withouth sunglasses. Seems many in here jump in conclusions.

CelticSkye 13

OP, I am so very sorry for your loss. I truly hope that you are able to find comfort in knowing that your grandparents are together and happy and healthy in a wonderful place. I was about to jump to the same conclusions until I read this. It's true, we don't know if this pastor needs shades for medical reasons or not. But, I sincerely hope that this is the case. Either way, the pastor should have called and apologized when he arrived. And if it turns out that this "pastor" just needed shades to look good, I would advise tg e OP to file a complaint.

Guessing this is your first time at this church.

He is rude. Like that is the most assholiest (no pun intended) thing to do...

That reminds me of the priest who married 2 of my friends. He was an hour late because he decided to fly back from holidays on the day of the wedding. He didn't bother apologizing either. Unbelievable. Sorry for your loss OP, this guy clearly shouldn’t be filling this position. I’d fill a complaint to the Church if I were you, so it does not happen again, especially in such distressful times.

Well of course, he had to look good for the youngsters lol :-)

hahaha shit this cracked me up more than it should have xD