By Anonymous - 23/03/2016 16:06 - United States - Bellevue

Today, an old guy with a cane got up in my face for "mocking" the way he walked. In retrospect, I guess it is pretty offensive for me to have had knee surgery and still be recovering from it. My apologies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 464
You deserved it 1 421

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The elderly can be just as inconsiderate and self-absorbed as anyone else. Sorry, OP, I hope your recovery goes well.

you should've kicked him in his good knee

Comments

CheekyRaccoon 27

You were probably an adventurer before you had your knee surgery. Was the surgery required because of a projectile?

CheekyRaccoon 27

I wish I were as smart as you claim me to be. However I am no man because I'm a raccoon. Also, thank you for your kind words.

Subjectivity is the route of all evil

Im going to speak for both sides Old guy. Is it possible that lots of people make fun of him for walking with a cane. Which is wrong. Poster. Couldn't you have explained to him that you weren't making fun of him and that you just had surgery and you need the cane to walk. People are cruel sometimes.

This sounds like a good idea in theory but most times if you try and explain people just start screaming louder about how you're faking it. If someone has a cane it's a good bet they need the cane. Old dude seriously needs to get over himself.

It's okay, someone must of done that to him before, he didn't know. Then again he shouldn't have assumed right away.

I hate when people act all confrontational like this. A good way to get them to leave you alone is to just keep a blank face and answer in as few words as possible. And call security if they get physical.

How thoughtless of you OP, seriously? *sarcasm*

YDI. you should have tried better not to walk like that in front of an elder. It takes a big dick to do that, making fun of him.

If you're being sarcastic you're doing a bad job of conveying it.

I'm serious. he goes "fml" when a disabled guy calls him out for being a dick

I suppose you missed the part where OP is recovering from knee surgery? He isn't mocking the old man at all, you wank.

It's rather disappointing how frequently people react before considering possibilities. Don't take it personally, OP. He's just being a grumpy jerk.