By TicketMePink - 20/05/2016 05:57 - United States

Today, an officer ticketed me for texting while driving. Apparently, getting dumped costs $180. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 419
You deserved it 21 214

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just because it's a breakup text doesn't mean it's a freebie.

I mean, either way you shouldn't have been texting.

Comments

ChiefKoala 30

No, we ******* don't. I lost my mother in February to a dumbass doing this, and I've also worked to save lives of people who have wrecked their cars for this exact reason. Can you imagine driving up on the scene of a wreck? it was a car that almost hit you, and you honked your horn because you saw them texting and driving. The next time you see them, their legs are crushed by metal and their hot coppery blood is spraying everything as they look up at you with eyes full of panic and fear; eyes that have realized what they've done, and that it might be too late for them. Imagine having to pull them from halfway under and eighteen wheeler and try to stop all the major bleeding that they're doing, while gas vapor and blood smell fill your nostrils. All the while the kid is screaming in pain and in fear, begging you not to let him die, before he falls unconscious. The other driver is freaking out, saying he couldn't stop in time. And you're tapping the kids cheeks as the ambulance pulls up because the kid is now unconscious. Don't give this idiot any sympathy, because this is a stupid decision where the death is easily preventable. Sorry, but you can't speak for us when you say the naysayers do it too.

I highly doubt that was the first time you ever texted while driving.

I don't even talk on the phone and drive. It's ridiculous to say everyone does it. You can have sympathy for them being dumped but still call them an idiot for texting and driving.

Call me cruel but I could literally not care less about you getting dumped. The nature of the text is completely irrelevant. There's zero reason you couldn't have waited a few minutes to pull over if the text was so damn important to read. You risked the lives of everyone around you, including your own, and you want people to feel sorry for you because you couldn't wait a minute to know you were dumped? Not going to happen. YDI.

PUT DOWN THE DAMN PHONE AND DRIVE, DAMMIT!!!

YDI for sure. There is no excuse for texting and driving

Goblin182 26

Getting dumped didn't cost you $180.00, that was free. What cost you $180.00 was ignoring the law, not using common sense and texting while driving.

It's still against the law. It sucks that you and your s/o broke up, but putting your life and other at risk for watching your phone instead of the road is not excusable.

Britt125 16

It doesn't matter the reason. Don't text and drive. Some jerk dumping you by text can wait until you've stopped somewhere, you still chose to text behind the wheel and you 100% deserve that ticket. What if you caused an accident? Do you think if you killed someone because you were distracted their family would be okay with it because "oh I'm sorry I was getting dumped?" No.