By TicketMePink - 20/05/2016 05:57 - United States

Today, an officer ticketed me for texting while driving. Apparently, getting dumped costs $180. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 419
You deserved it 21 214

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just because it's a breakup text doesn't mean it's a freebie.

I mean, either way you shouldn't have been texting.

Comments

Texting while driving and being a reckless driver cost you $180. The amount of times people have swerved into my lane because their eyes are in their laps? Don't be stupid, pull over if its important.

Mungolikecandy 19

You should have pulled over to read the text to realise you were dumped. The contents of the text doesn't matter as you obviously would have been texting anyway.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
TabooSushi 24

Doesn't matter if they were stopped, it still counts as texting while driving. My friend's stupid girlfriend got nabbed for that exact thing.

swimthenread27 19

You should not text and drive no matter what the situation is. You definitely deserve it.

YDI. You should not be texting and driving

Good. If it meant that much to you, call or pull over. Never endanger others because you feel like your texts are more important.

You DO know that texting and driving is still a no-go careless of being dumped, right? Honestly, sorry that you got dumped, OP, but SERIOUSLY! C'mon! Texting and driving is what causes handful of the accidents! You totally deserved getting that ticket!

amileah13 26

Still not worth it to get a ticket. I'm sorry for what happened, but it's just safer to pull over next time and turn your car off so that you don't get into trouble for texting. Texting while driving is a serious issue that's to not be messed around with

With a reckless attitude like that, it's not difficult to see why you were dumped. You obviously have no concern for the wellbeing of others. Texting is just as dangerous as driving under the influence. If you really thought it was important, you should have pulled over to the side or into a rest stop. I really hope you don't expect any sympathy for receiving a ticket; in fact, you should be grateful. Speaking as someone who has lost friends because of a texting driver, I hope you take this situation as a lesson (and 2nd chance) and change your habits before you kill someone or yourself.