By hatemyjob - 15/12/2015 00:15 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, after working at the same place for 3 years, I found out that they are not only cutting my hours but now I have to take orders from some girl I trained because she was promoted over me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 495
You deserved it 2 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm being the devil's advocate here but it is possible that this girl is simply better than you now. Just because you trained her does not mean that she will always be less qualified than you.

whatarethisss 23

Not being rude, but try finding a different job. I know I wouldn't wanna work for someone I trained.

Comments

do you show initiative? did you apply for that managerial role? if you applied for it and she got it then yeah, not cool. if you didn't apply then YDI. deal with it. if you want change then you must be that change and take chances.

Asinger06 1

Just because you've been there for 3 years does it mean you're the best employee for the job

While its possible your boss just hates you, if your hours are getting cut and other people are getting promoted before you, then chances are your not that great at your job.

Erdricks_Sword 9

she probably slept her way there

ADBurns 22

Sooner or later those we trained will take over one way or another. Own it. Wear it like a badge of honour. Offer to do it again. Create a new role for yourself within the place you work. Become the trainer. That way you can justify a pay rise OR you have a new skill set you can take to a new job...

I had the same thing happen. But I'd been there for 2 years and the guy that got promoted over me had only been there a month and was still being trained by me.

moo77_fml 20

Professionally she may be more able than you.. If you don't like it find a new job

Ouch. That sucks... At least you taught her right...?