By Jobless in Seattle - 05/05/2015 02:08 - United States - Katy

Today, after waking up in a panic because I was running late for work again, I realized I was fired for that exact reason the day before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 592
You deserved it 30 476

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, you just proved you weren't fired unfairly.

no one to blame but yourself, you totally deserve it op

Comments

JustShootMeFML 32

Maybe you should try the alarm clock that runs away from you. My sister has it because she has the same problem getting up on time. The rest of the family hates it and it wakes us all up, but it is kinda funny to hear her swear while she stumbles around the room trying to catch it.

I'd be late too if I had to commute from Texas.

I also suggest downloading the Sleepy Time app or using the website. It calculates sleep and wakeup times based on sleep cycles. That way your alarm goes off during a light sleep stage and you're more likely to get up without issue. Also go to bed and wake up the same time every day. And don't use electronics in the last hour before you go to sleep, as the type of light in the screens screws up your sleep rhytyms. Or if you have to use them, download the Twilight app on your devices to neutralize the light. There are a ton of things you can do to improve your sleep so you won't oversleep. I know all these things because I used to oversleep all the time and still do on occasion.

ANd here I thought the twilight app just made everything sparkle and look constipated.

Sounds like you're a repeat offender..... YDI

That's why you have multiple alarm clocks.

iLOVEbbs78138 3

I have the same problem, literally cannot wake up until my brain wants to, I hear nothing! I could be punched in the face and still sleep. I have a diagnosis though so if you're anything like me I feel for you OP. It truly does suck.

How stupid do you have to be to sleep in two days in a row? You did it yourself.

wake up and go to work. problem solved.

drunk_crow 12

Your name was "jobless in seattle" yet you live in Texas,