By ashprove611 - 27/12/2012 09:47 - United States - Tonawanda

Today, after ranting to my boyfriend about how Pandora bracelets are pointless and cliched and that I'd never spend that kind of money on a tiny charm, he gave me my Christmas present. It was a Pandora bracelet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 530
You deserved it 57 486

ashprove611 tells us more.

ashprove611 7

Hi, OP here...Ok it was a couple days before Christmas that I ranted about it, and he had already bought me the bracelet. But It's not an FML because I hated the bracelet, it's an FML because I felt so bad about it and had no idea he got me one. The bracelet ended up being beautiful and thoughtful and I love it. The beads he got were the exact ones I would have picked out myself.

Top comments

Anyone else totally see where this FML was headed right away? Anyway, FYL, but I find it's best not to complain about items ON Christmas Day, but rather before so they know what not to get you. Otherwise this happens ;)

kotana191 8

Comments

Goumbush 4

Good job you made your boyfriend sad

olpally 32

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Agreed. Got one for the now ex wife years ago and would give her charms for special occasions.

BellaBelle_fml 23

Exactly olpally! They are very beautiful, expensive, creative, artistic, and meaningful. You can choose specific charms to symbolize special memories, events, things that they like, and/or personality traits. I'd love to have one someday. And even if you don't like them you should still appreciate the thought and meaning that was put into creating a personalized and one-of-a-kind bracelet that was crafted just for you only. And the Pandora charm bracelets are very artfully crafted and beautiful.

olpally 32

Exactly Bellabelle. Pandora bracelets are expensive too. It's not like he was being a cheap ass about giving her any kind of gift. This one can hold a lot of value with all the charms you can buy for it.

Am I the only person who doesn't like them? Just find them clunky, clichéd and tacky considering how damn much they cost...designs aren't really that pretty or thoughtful either. Considering how brutally honest FMLers are I came on here expecting all the comments to be saying much the same not that people actually like them.

No, #61, I don't like them either. Not every woman does, #15. I don't usually wear bracelets (I don't like something rattling around every time I move my hands) but the ones I have are all very delicate compared to Pandora bracelets.

You aren't the only one, I think they are ugly and crazy expensive. What happened to "traditional" charm bracelets?

I feel like they're abit of a waste of money, instead of buying me a clunky charm for upwards of $30, which I find ridiculously expensive for a small peice of metal, I would prefer something more like the traditional charm bracelet that #96 referred to. I have one with stars and clovers on it from my 16th birthday and I love it.

#61--I don't like them either but I would be happy that my boyfriend bought me something he thought I might love and it helps that it's expensive too

olpally 32

Go to comment #114, op explains it all. :)

PInK_ExCiTeD 7

What I don't get is... How is that a bad thing? I mean I'll would like something expensive once I a while. Just saying....

BellaBelle_fml 23

Although Pandora charm bracelets are expensive, it's the thoughtfulness behind each charm that I love the most.

You may just be a little jaded doodle. They did go through a fad stage. Still a good gift though.

Except OP didn't know she was getting a Pandora bracelet. You can't be "ungrateful" for something you haven't received yet. Why can nobody read the FML?

Jaded? Possibly actually. It does seem a bit less special when everyone has them and a bit less thoughtful when you're kinda forced to pick a memory to remember by buying one. I do generally love other bracelets and thoughtful gifts though.

Volcan_fml 22

Exactly, 80! It freaks me out that everyone thinks she's a bitch just because her boyfriend clearly had no idea what she wanted. He could've dropped it into a conversation pretty easily and figured out beforehand.

I keep thinking the same thing, she wasn't trying to insult his gift or make him feel bad. How could she possibly know that he got her a pandora bracelt of all things? I think people are interepreting it as "FML, my boyfriend got me a stupid present. Ugh." To me it seems more like "FML, I accidentally insulted my Christmas present before I had any idea what it was, and now I feel like a jerk."

Trooth 13

Hey, he just wants to give you what he feels you deserve. I dont see why this is an fml honestly.

Never, ever say a word until said gift is opened and graciously accepted.

Oops! Didn't see 3's comment before I posted.

wagne057 6

Be grateful for the gift. Things could be much worse.

josiemorehouse 12

Wow OP. You'd think that you would've had some sort of idea what he was getting you for Christmas. PS: I love my pandora bracelet. My hubby will never run out of gifts to think up for me because there's always a charm I want for my bracelet. Maybe the new bracelet will grow on you.

maimengming 10

I don't see how she was supposed to have an idea of what her gift was. It's the point of the gift to not know and have it be a surprise?

maimengming 10

I hope you felt like an ass after you opened it.

Why? He asked her a question _before_ giving it to her, and she was honest and told him she did not like it. Maybe in a bit blunt way, but at least she was honest. Not everyone likes them. Edit; comment jump -.- oh well.