By asparagus piss - 19/10/2012 17:05 - United States - Tifton

Today, after having loaned my girlfriend money after she claimed to be broke and unable to pay her rent and electricity bills, she went out, spent it all on a new purse and phone, and now refuses to pay me back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 772
You deserved it 6 611

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, she can keep all her stuff in her purse and text you whining until her battery dies while she's living on the street.

Comments

An ex did this to me actually! Said he hadn't been paid and had no way to pay his rent and bills for a month so I lent him the money (with a clear understanding on both our parts that it was, indeed, just a loan). When I later confronted him about paying it back he denied all knowledge that it ever happened and said I was insane. Despite the bank statement, the text message record of the conversation... Sooooo, basically, some people are amoral *****. Your hopefully soon-to-be-ex, frightened-with-the-threat-of-legal-action girlfriend, is one of them.

And yes, this is coming from a chick...just make her pay it back by cleaning, and being your sex slave-a cheap ass sex slave

HunterAlpha1 8

what you have there, OP, is a gold digger. if i were you i would put as much distance between us as possible.

benhemon 4

There's a reason that being a lawyer is a profession and requires training. A contract can easily be formed by a verbal agreement; contracts need not be written. If the amount of money exceeds a certain amount, the law in your particular state may require a written agreement, however. The fact that she blew it on accessories is unsympathetic, but not necessarily relevant. If it's clear from the context that it was a loan, she's obliged to pay him back. You don't hire a lawyer for this; you go to small claims court. It's admittedly possible that a judge will find his story unconvincing, or believe her over him. But (unless this is a lot of money) he's not going to be thrown out of court because there's no written contract. Incidentally, if she did in fact deceive him to get the loan, and had no intention of paying him back, that would make this fraud, and likely a misdemeanor or a felony. That'd be up to the state to charge and that you basically couldn't prove. It certainly does make her pretty unsympathetic if you go to small claims court.

SkateboardGirl88 11
mowmowlife 21

I miss the America where you would make a dumb financial mistake and would learn to more wisely place money instead of suing like a prick

wray16 3

awe!! been there bro! bad relationship :/