By Anonymous - 17/02/2013 02:12 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, after explaining to my four-year-old why our new puppy was peeing on things to mark his territory, my son decided to follow suit and pee all over our house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 863
You deserved it 6 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

beddington 7

He's just reminding the puppy who's house it really is.

I'd suggest crating him but that's probably illegal...

Comments

Edit: Damn thing put me at the bottom and not under the first comment. Redacted.

ViviMage 38

Neuter the dog. Our family has a purebred beagle they wanted to stud but he marked all over the house! He peed on fresh laundry folded and ready to go in your room because it wasn't perfumed, tore open couches and ripped the foam out to pee on it, he even peed inside the oven. It wasn't until Basil tried to bite my cousin in a dominance display (complete with shaft) that the men stopped holding their groin empathetically at the thought of a neuter surgery. It was either neuter or put him down. And his line was culled because of genetic seizures, he wasn't the best to stud. As far as your son, unless you have an interest in a kind of Italian singing voice...... Thankfully the same urine removing product like Nature's Miracle works for human pee. But you need to really get into the carpet, floorboards, and grout. And kids have gotten fined in the news for peeing outside.

Lizzy500 16

Anti Icky Poo is even better-google it. They've even got a nice video on how to use it. Because nobody wants their living room to smell like a New York City subway.

So apparently in our society, if a dog pees all over our stuff it's "oh, how cute,it's just a puppy", when a 4 year old does the same..it's a fml. Am I the only who would have said fml in both cases?

Would you get rid of your kid if s/he had an accident?

When I read the first half of the sentence, I saw this coming. So.. Maybe you should've explained to him that this is what DOGS do, not what humans do and that the dog isn't allowed to do that in the house either..

Well let's hope he's not gonna want to mark you at HIS mommy :)

eatmyshortssss1 8

Please do not crate your dog or rub his nose in his mess AFTER he's made a mess. Crates are supposed to be your dog's home and a place of safety and comfort. No dog realizes that the pile of poo on the ground came from them; they have no self-awareness. Instead they wonder why in the world you're shoving shit in their face. So, unless you caught your dog in the act of peeing/pooping somewhere it's not supposed to, punishing it after the fact does nothing for either of you.

Evilphatpandah 5

I swear I've read this one before. Anyways I think it depends on the breed and age of the puppy. Of course a tiny 8 week puppy is gonna pee everywhere because it can't hold. Older puppies will mark their territory. My dog started marking everything at 6 months until he was fixed at 8 months.

Seriously.. Puppies DO NOT pee inside to mark their territory - They do it because they can't control their bladder and isn't yet taught that it's not okay to pee inside. Why on EARTH did you get a puppy if you don't even know that? Open a book for god's sake before you get an animal.