By PillPopperApparently - 20/12/2018 12:00

Today, after constantly shaming me for my ADHD and anti-anxiety pills, my family finally convinced me to drop $250 on their trusted psychiatrist friend because they thought he’d talk me out of taking them. He recommended higher doses of everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 660
You deserved it 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why are they shaming you for it? those pills are really good and helpful a lot of the time

TCRII 29

Try to set up regular visits with the psychiatrist. Keep a journal of when you take your meds, along with your moods and feelings.

Comments

why are they shaming you for it? those pills are really good and helpful a lot of the time

Legit question. Do they? I haven't taken meds for my ADHD since I was a kid. I work in a job that works well with my condition but it's hard to manage my personal life. I'll get hyperfocused on little projects and then find I forgot to clean or go out and do things I needed. Or even have a social life. When I was a kid I hated how the meds made me feel.

fair. I think it varies. my anti anxiety meds work well. but they aren't for everyone

Kymberly Hams 12

well maybe they might actually be less negative about you taking them since its someone they trust prescribing them?

TCRII 29

Try to set up regular visits with the psychiatrist. Keep a journal of when you take your meds, along with your moods and feelings.

There’s nothing wrong with taking those meds or needing higher doses. You’d take meds if you had a physical illness, wouldn’t you? Don’t be ashamed - take care of yourself in whatever way works best.

Arokthis 21

I would say that a good portion of your anxiety comes from your family. Take a vacation from them and keep seeing the new pshrink.

This is a good thing, in a way. His recommendation will validate your need for the medication to your family. You don’t have to mention anything about doses; just that he said to keep taking it.

tounces7 27

Isn't this a good thing? I mean, now that their "trusted" friend recommended them, they can't say shit any more, can they? I mean of course they still probably will because they're likely a bunch of dumbasses, but at least now you have something to fire back.

I mean that's not really a FML but rather a win for you isn't it? The psychiatrist your family trusts and recommends is actually taking your illness seriously and also recommended to not only not stop the medication but instead to actually increase the medication. If your family can't accept that now when their favorite psychiatrist says that then they are just a bunch of people who only want to complain because they can. They don't want facts and only want to hear what they think would be correct. Stay strong OP and take the medication.

Lora Wood 11

Stop eating petrol based food additives and you will see a vast improvement. Artificial colors and flavors are baned in the countries with national health systems.

Well, if the family friend recommends a higher dosage, it proves your family wrong and that you do in fact need the pills. So the joke's on them!