By yoshithecat - 19/07/2013 12:31 - United Kingdom - Slough

Today, after being unemployed for almost two years, I was turned down for yet another job. The reason this time? I live too far from the job. I can see the building from my bedroom window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 523
You deserved it 4 610

yoshithecat tells us more.

I don't live on a hill, the building where I would've been working is a bit tall as well which works into me being able to see it from my window. The building is all of a mile from my flat. No, lol it isn't the Shard! I did express this to them and their response then was telling me they found someone more suited for the position. I have no clue why they didn't bother saying that in the first place though. A funny thought though, I put my postcode on my CV, so if they actually thought a little into the lie they fed me, maybe they'd have just stuck with the truth in the first place. Thanks for all the positive feedback, sorry I wasn't more clear in the original post - expressing I was a mile away from the building. Hopefully I'll get a job soon! *crosses fingers*

Top comments

mimiminx 23

Could you not say this to them?

OscarDV 8

Well, I can see the moon from my window. I don't think that qualifies me to be an astronaut.

Comments

caligirllife 11

You're doing something wrong to keep getting turned down. Figure it out

audreyfml1994 15

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how you can be unemployed for 2 years. Underemployed I get.

So...you're a lazy twat. If you're collecting un-employment ill hit you in the face.

zfchatroulette 24

How is it that OP's potential employers lying about the reason they didn't hire her makes her "a lazy twat?" Are you stupid? Just because you're a privileged little spoiled white kid doesn't mean everyone is.

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion about my gender, I am a woman. Lol

There is a big lack of jobs here in the UK, I'm unemployed too and it sucks! Good luck OP, I hope we both get a job soon.

Good luck trying to find another job OP. :P

I lost my job last Friday, by Saturday I got a new one, people who say there isn't enough jobs are talking bullshit, I got my first job after two weeks of looking, do volunteer work in the mean tjme

sounds a lot easier than it is... I live in Michigan and the job outlook is HORRIBLE here right now... I am currently employed but before I found my job, I actively looked for employment for 8 full months! again, it's just not that easy for everyone.

That's great for you, but the job market can vary a lot depending on your area. After my first year of university I got accepted for TWO full time positions within a couple weeks of applying. I was staying in a small town, so having a post secondary institution on my resume gave me a huge advantage. This summer I'm living in a city with two universities and several colleges, so the job market is ridiculously competitive. Took me over a month to find a part time job, and I've been trying to find a second one to make ends meet. No dice yet.

reymon8823 24
anne1_fml 13

It really depends on where you live some places (here in ND) jobs are everywhere but when we leave here to go to NC jobs are few and far between and we will be hunting hopefully not very long but still.