By chewsef - 09/08/2016 03:22 - United States - Concord

Today, I thought I'd save some money by doing my own electrical work. When I turned the power back on, it caught fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 849
You deserved it 18 316

chewsef tells us more.

OP here....I'm getting hammered on this one as I expected. Waiting on a electrician as we speak.

Top comments

That's why it takes at least 4 years to become a qualified electrician (at least where I am). No amount of money you could save is worth your life. Hope you were able to put the fire out :)

Mathalamus 24

You should be leaving that to the experts...

Comments

TheNoNameGuy 20

simple fix. make a generator that uses fire as energy. not so hard. I saw Timmy turner do it before.

These are the things few people do as their living.. For a reason !! Hope you weren't harmed because of that fire . Next time just call the electrician.

Mathalamus 24

You should be leaving that to the experts...

That's why it takes at least 4 years to become a qualified electrician (at least where I am). No amount of money you could save is worth your life. Hope you were able to put the fire out :)

I think electrical work is the one main trade job that you should leave unless you're a professional. Saving money is one thing but you visually can't see whether a cable is live or not and people can get seriously injured or killed if they touch a live wire. A couple of hundred is better than risking your life.

you can turn the power off at breaker boxes

Chances are, this is a residential house that was being rewired. He was safe by shutting off the power, but you'll just get a tingle for 120V AC. It's pretty hard to get hurt from 120V AC. He probably had a short that was not properly handled.

jcash52426 5

If you don't know anything about doing electric work then you should always hire an electrocution. If your changing a fan,light or outlet then that you can do on your own.

nonsensical 26

Definitely agree about hiring an electrocution.

cmchappy 25

I love hiring electrocutions. I especially love giving them as gifts! It's really not as effective and fun to watch if you DIY them so definitely find a professional.

ah yes, old sparky it the best electrocution you can hire.

Idk why everyone is giving you negative votes, anyone with some sense and knows how to twist wire will be fine.

Free electricity repair AND a free campfire? how do people get so lucky?!

species4872 19

One flash your ash. Your lucky it wasn't you.

you did saved some money.. for the electrician.