By yoshithecat - 19/07/2013 12:31 - United Kingdom - Slough

Today, after being unemployed for almost two years, I was turned down for yet another job. The reason this time? I live too far from the job. I can see the building from my bedroom window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 523
You deserved it 4 610

yoshithecat tells us more.

I don't live on a hill, the building where I would've been working is a bit tall as well which works into me being able to see it from my window. The building is all of a mile from my flat. No, lol it isn't the Shard! I did express this to them and their response then was telling me they found someone more suited for the position. I have no clue why they didn't bother saying that in the first place though. A funny thought though, I put my postcode on my CV, so if they actually thought a little into the lie they fed me, maybe they'd have just stuck with the truth in the first place. Thanks for all the positive feedback, sorry I wasn't more clear in the original post - expressing I was a mile away from the building. Hopefully I'll get a job soon! *crosses fingers*

Top comments

mimiminx 23

Could you not say this to them?

OscarDV 8

Well, I can see the moon from my window. I don't think that qualifies me to be an astronaut.

Comments

OP you need to go back up there and tell them you live close enough to throw a rock at the building.

Damn, that's cold... Try the smoke signal technique and see if that might ring a bell...

....because where you live is any of their business? Keeping trying, Op, they aren't the only assholes that pass out pay cheques. ;p

how much closer. can you bee this is stupid just keep looking. for another job good luck

I feel your pain mate, job hunting is tough... Hey maybe it will be easier if I stop referring to myself as "sir drink a lot." Nah that's crazy talk

KinkyCurly 13

Next time you see him from your window open it up and yell out to him, "To bad I live to far or else I could be going in to work with you!"

audreyfml1994 15

Right. Because that will accomplish something.

doglover100 28

I sometimes feel like places pick people based on looks. I'm 18 and still trying to find a job. I do community service, I know how to dress and act professionally. I'm also hard of hearing and part of me thinks it is because of that but I'm probably just paranoid.