This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 28/02/2018 15:00

Today, after 3 years unemployed, my husband had a job interview. I got home at about 6 to find him in his interview suit, playing games on his laptop. I asked him how it went. His reply: "Oh shit!" He got distracted by World of Warcraft for 5 hours and forgot to go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 823
You deserved it 862

Top comments

That's when you go, "Oh shit, I forgot to meet the divorce attorney." Being unemployed is one thing, but being lazy and careless while unemployed for 3 years is another problem. He probably either a) didn't have an interview, b) went and it was horrible, c) really is an idiot and chose not to go because he knows that he can go 3 years without having a job so, I don't know, what's another 3 years going to do? Either way, y'all need to have a serious talk about his lack of caring.

Comments

WeirdUS 29

If he leaves his comp untended and you can log onto his character screen record the character getting killed. Record his reaction when he can't access his character, show him the death of his player. Record the whole thing and put it up and dailymotion and youtube.

That's kinda psycho. I don't understand people that do shit like that. I realize he needs something to change, but destroying something that someone put time and effort into is not the way to do it. It's like if someone really likes their car (or whatever) and you go and set it on fire or wreck it to teach them what? That you're also childish, spiteful, and can't be trusted?

WeirdUS 29

If it's seriously hurting their life I don't think so. At that point, something needs to be done. The game was more important than a healthy life. It is no longer a hobby at that point and isn't something to shrug off. Some also have odd theories if they keep doing it, they'll be the next big whatever and can make money doing it somehow. Unfortunately, some people only learn that way.

That’s not how world of Warcraft works...

I hate to YDI, but after three years you have to be picking up on clues. People apply for jobs and use dumb answers to application questions to ensure that they'll never be called in to interview. People show up to interview completely unprepared and under-dressed/under-groomed. People get called in to interview and no call/no show. People apply for jobs they know they're not even remotely qualified for, just so they can say "Baby, I'm TRYING!" Please take off the blinders and determine exactly what is going on. Got my fingers crossed for you.

kl77 6

Leave him. It doesn’t get better.

WHO just added gaming addiction to their ICD-11 (International Classification of Diseases). Your hubby may need treatment...

Time to give him a time out and shut down the internet for awhile.

OP - I am sorry your husband appears to have no maturity nor interest in getting a job. If he’s always been like that then shame on you for marring a man-child. If this is more recent then I am sorry that this has happened. In either case, you need to seriously consider unhitching yourself from some man-child who will never pull his fair share. To everyone - Unless you are children, the person you meet is going to be and remain true to their nature. If they are a lazy irresponsible jackass they are only going to apply energy to coming up with excuses, not to becoming a responsible adult. Do not mix your future with someone like this.

mustang19898 16

I think I know why he's been unemployed for 3 years 😞😑

He may have horrible anxiety or crippling depression. Or it could just be that he lacks drive to do better and is content with the way things are. Either way, it sounds like some type of therapy is in order or it's time to move on.