By visn - 17/06/2009 05:15 - United States

Today, a real estate agent showed my house to some buyers. I found out when I exited the shower, fully nude, to them in the hallway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 922
You deserved it 5 288

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohJeeznotme 7

That was really rude of the agent to not give you a heads up since it is in bad taste to show a house with the owner sitting around inside it. Get a new agent.

"and thats the main bedroom with ensuite, now if you'll just follow me down the hall past the naked man ill show you the bathroom"

Comments

cheerthefkupism 0

something can happen to more than one person. what's the big deal? to OP: my grandma's house, but that we own (she's moved out of it thankfully so we don't have to worry about something like this happening) is three doors down from us and we get upset sometimes because we'll see agents bring people and we'll call our agent and be like "Was the house being shown today?" and she'll say "Oh, yeah! I forgot to tell you." What really bothers me is when I'll see people pull into the driveway and get out and start peeking in the windows. No agent or anything, but it's freaking rude. Setup a showing properly, ya know? A couple weeks ago she had an open house sign posted and we were like "Uhh, thanks for letting us know." Because we had some stuff down in the basement yet and my father (who works weekends) called off work for that day so that we could spend the day moving it all. It's in really poor taste. And I'm pretty sure the agents aren't allowed to do this kind of crap.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when selling your house you are informed that the agent might come in with people at any time, right? YDI.

So until the house is sold, he can't shower?

Correction: Showings/open houses are *always* done when the seller isn't home. The agent would have to inform the buyer a few days in advance. You never show buyers a house when the seller is home, because of a) this reason, and b) it's unprofessional. Normally what happens is the seller would leave the house for however long the showing/open house is and then the agent would be able to show the house without any interference. It's weird to show (potential) clients a house when the current resident is in the kitchen making lunch or taking a shower. It sounds like the real estate agent is either forgot to book a showing with their brokerage or didn't bother...both scream amateur. OP, that's unfortunate. FYL and call the agent's brokerage - they had no right to do that. Unless of course they already called you and you forgot.. ;) FYL anyway, that's embarassing.

He doesn't even need to be informed a few days in advance. My house is being sold and sometimes we get a call in the morning that people are coming that afternoon. And apparently the only reason we get that much time is because we need to figure out what to do with our dog.

He can shower, but he doesn't have to walk out naked.

It's his own house. He can walk around naked if he feels like it. I also had something like this happen and it really upset me since I was a 6th grader alone in the house when random strangers walked right in. (I might've also had some...personal stuff lying around)

They're actually supposed to give you at least 24 hours notice

This FML would be absolutely wonderful if your house isn't actually for sale. Please tell me that's the case.

im sure the females and gays appreciated it :p

stephyvengeancex 0

Wellll there are these things called towels... YDI. You're selling your house, you should expect it.

Hehe, nice... did you flail it around wildly too?! :D

"and thats the main bedroom with ensuite, now if you'll just follow me down the hall past the naked man ill show you the bathroom"

#20 HAHAHAHA. OP, I'm just going to assume that you weren't even going to sell your house when this random ass real estate agent showed up. It just makes things more hilarious for me.

mynameisnotjudie 0

LMAO #20! Lol im pretty sure the real estate agent would have called.