By soo - 02/07/2015 20:25

Today, a guest at the hotel I work at started shouting at me. Apparently the street vendor selling sunglasses outside the hotel sold her a pair of 'genuine' Ray Bans for $5. She wanted me to phone the police because she realized two days later they were fake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 282
You deserved it 1 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

5$ for fake Ray bans glasses is still a good deal.

amileah13 26

Hahaha and she fell for that? Yikes! But hey, I would buy any sunglasses for $5, no matter the brand. Sunglasses are just sunglasses to me

Comments

You get what you pay for stupid woman

cr500guy 11

So she started shouting at you because?

I don't understand? It may be a silly thing of her to believe, but it is still illegal to sell something as a brand when it isn't. It is perfectly reasonable for her to want to report it to the police, though I understand she could have done that herself. Since this vendor works outside the hotel though, the hotel might be better to phone as they might know the person better and what their habits are so the police can investigate. The non-emergency number is a good shout. She shouldn't have shouted but I don't understand why you didn't just call the police about it? It is a crime.

shmoooopie 29

If you don't want to be ripped off then don't buy things from strangers on the street

What does this have to do with you...you work at the nearby hotel...not at sunglass shack where she got them...also you phone the police? Why can't she do it?

What's so special about Ray Bans...

JustinJK 21

They're an iconic brand that revolutionized sunglasses both for function and style. They were developed to help pilots who were suffering from ailments back in the 1930s. Newer planes of the time allowed people to fly higher than ever. The glare from sun was giving pilots headaches and altitude sickness.

saffy66 34

So phone the police. It's not that big a deal for you, is it?

She can't blame you for being dumb enough to think that genuine Ray-bans would only cost five dollars.

It's just 5 bucks. nothing worth raising a fuss over, especially since most fake ray bands cost more then 5.