By AwkwardHaole808 - 22/05/2013 22:52 - United States - Hilo

Today, a friend was put on suicide watch when her parents wouldn't pay $500 for a premium senior picture package. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 599
You deserved it 4 418

AwkwardHaole808 tells us more.

AwkwardHaole808 16

My friend isn't suffering from depression. She told me she did this stunt because she couldn't get the package that she wanted and that this would "show her parents". Also, yes this doesn't affect me nearly as much as it does her or her loved ones. However, I am her friend and don't want to lose a good friend over something so small.

Top comments

Since it was a stunt, it's pretty obvious that she's spoiled. She's gonna get a hard smack in the face from reality when she graduates and is out on her own. I hope you told her what she did was extremely selfish and stupid. Because it obviously affected more than just her parents.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

I guess you could say that that had a killer price tag. No? i didn't think so... I'll show myself to the dog house.

Comments

Lol kids these days. They want the entire world!

spainstateofmind 5

Way to trivialize suicide and mental illnesses. What a spoiled ********.

larsak 3

Be there for him. He needs you now more than ever. Try to kiss/make out. This will make him more confident... Hope I helped!

AwkwardHaole808 16

*Her. And I don't think she needs to "make out". She needs help, support, and better values.

I do believe that this was a sad attempt at trolling, OP.

To #7, there was a segment on the radio about how something like 76% of recent college/ university graduates (aged 20-35)'s main concern is how they will manage to balance a social life with work... Not finding a job, not mortgages or cars, or retirement, but how they will find time for friends.

Honestly, wondering about how you'll balance a social life and a work life might pop up to them as a bigger concern during a survey because they're already aware that getting a job/paying for a mortgage/retirement will be a lot of work. And since the cost of living has increased a lot, which generally means working longer and harder hours to pay off those school loans/save up for a house/put away for retirement, it sometimes can be a genuine concern finding time to unwind and just get away from work by making time with friends. Of course I'm sure some of those people are only concerned about being social, but I'm sure a great deal are just looking at the bigger picture of a healthy work and social life balance. Or maybe this is me being naive and hopeful. XD

For all we know, she could have an underlying depression problem, or something. Far too many people have jumped to the "spoiled brat" conclusion, and while this could be the case, there's also a chance that it isn't. And this has already been said, but this isn't really anything that would F your L, OP.

AwkwardHaole808 16

My friend isn't suffering from depression. She told me she did this stunt because she couldn't get the package that she wanted and that this would "show her parents". Also, yes this doesn't affect me nearly as much as it does her or her loved ones. However, I am her friend and don't want to lose a good friend over something so small.

Since it was a stunt, it's pretty obvious that she's spoiled. She's gonna get a hard smack in the face from reality when she graduates and is out on her own. I hope you told her what she did was extremely selfish and stupid. Because it obviously affected more than just her parents.

Why would you want to stay friends with someone who is this stupid and selfish, she doesn't sound worth being friends with if she's this selfish and spoiled. Your friend is a terrible person.

It didn't show her parents anything besides that they've spoiled her too much and need to cut back. And I don't mean to say that the parents are bad, because they could be excellent but something needs to happen since she feels comfortable trying to take advantage of them like that.

You're a good friend by being concerned about her.I think your friend needs professional help. She obviously has some problems.

JadeWinter 16

She honestly sounds like a manipulating, spoiled brat who has to always get her way. One can only imagine how she would treat you.

I beg to differ that thy's statement is invalid because she has a spoiled life she shall not do thy stunt unless wanting to be put in the correctional facilities for being a threat and until thy is considered safe she shall stop being a little bitch. You just got cooked to the right amount of time for a roast or how they say now A days you just got roasted. *drops mike and walks off stage*

GunSh0w 4
erockinthesuburb 17

I happen to work for one of the major school photo companies in the US. I understand that lots of these kids want to have $500-$600 packages to bring home and give photos to their friends. (by the way, it's not uncommon for people to spend at least this amount, if not more) However we do understand that many families can't afford to drop a weeks pay for these, so they offer many incentives to kids to help pay for it. Examples include volunteering at the studio taking orders, handing out ads to their friends, sharing on social media, or allowing some of their photos to be used for contest or promotional media. Many photo companies offer the exact same offers, and a lot of the time the student ends up getting their package for free! The fact that this student didn't take advantage of any of these things just reaffirms how lazy and spoiled this child is, and how starved for attention they must be just to fake a suicide.

When you ASSUME you make an ass out of you and me. She could be selfish and spoiled but not a terrible person, hence they are still friends....

xAkonz 10

Thou art a complete idiot. Do thy research before posting, or thou shall be ridiculed.

Your friend sounds like a ****. I wouldn't be friends with someone who pulled that kind of shit just to get her way... She sounds lame as all hell.

It is stunts like these that cause us to lose people who really need help. When someone does the empty threats it starts to numb people so when a real one comes around, nobody responds. Fyl for thinking manipulative liars are worth having as friends and that she won't eventually pull a manipulative stunt on you.

Your friends and idiot for wanting to kill herself for not getting what she wants. It's like a 3 year old having a tantrum after they don't get what they want.

It showed them their daughter is a selfish cow.

102: Why would anyone give this a thumbs down?

It would've saved a lot of wasted time as effort

there is nothing small about what she did. she does seem to have some sort of issue along with being a spoiled little bitch

colton_colton 49

Suicide is never a "stunt" any person should pull though. It's very real and very dangerous.

Uh, your friend sounds like a spoiled bitch. FYL

To everybody saying "she doesn't sound like she's worth being friends with", maybe he's known her for a long time and this was the first time she acted out and did something stupid that he's aware of.