By luvmypony - 26/08/2013 05:51 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, a customer wanted a military discount for buying two 39 cent Slim Jims. I work at an auto parts store. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 564
You deserved it 3 742

luvmypony tells us more.

I can't give discounts on something so cheap. company policy

Top comments

jgriff79 23

You should have gave him the employee discount. Two for .78 cents.

**** no. I hope not. I believe in respecting the men and women in military, but this is bullshit.

Comments

kathryn14 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

**** no. I hope not. I believe in respecting the men and women in military, but this is bullshit.

nurchok 15

Oh come on, give them for 38 cents and claim this is your cost and you can't go below. Make a sad face like you're trying to help, but can't. Then smile and wish him/her a good day... :)

kathryn14 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Hey Slim Jims are pretty useful for working on a car, what else are you supposed to eat that's meaty and juicy? Or can be held in one hand while using a wrench?

gabe222 25

Am i the only one that thought slim jims as in the tool to unlock a car? But then I saw 39 cents and I got a little confused... Wish they were that cheap!

jgriff79 23

You should have gave him the employee discount. Two for .78 cents.

Slim Jim's are awesome give you the energy you need for combat or for working on cars.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
summerguy97 16

He wasn't disrespecting the military though.

for the record, can't give a military discount on something so cheap.

Simoneaux17 11

He never said OP was disrespecting the military. He said "respect for", implying he has respect for it.

Don't worry about it. It happens all the time at my job, so I just give it to them. No need to make a fuss, am I right?

Yes you are right doesn't matter if it was.50 cents men and women of the armed forces deserve it after all we have been thru and seen. And then have to fight to keep what the government promised us when we join but then tries to take it away so they don't have to take pay cuts or pay for there own insurance. I apologize so long. But that's just a part of it all

Grmpman 7

... I just can't stand thus yes thank you blah blah blah.... But they choose that they get so many benefits and every one just says like they are the true hero!!! They have no war and haven't for a while expect the one were they walked as the next dropped their gun begging not to to die....if I was a vet I would not ask for discounts or any thank yous at all.... Just my opinion on the subject maybe I'm wrong.

cheyforever16 9

okay my fiance is a combat vet and they are heroes. they see and do things most of us couldnt imagine. there IS a war going on, just not one thats publicized. our troops are being shot at, blown up. one ptsd attack was all i needed to see to be convinced of how real that horror really is. so excuse this guy for asking for a discount he EARNED fighting for YOUR right to say stupid shit like this. you dont know what hes going through. most military wont ask for the discount unless they need it. so lay off.

monnanon 13

please remember that one persons hero is anothers enemy. just depends what side of the wall you are on. also they are not heros, they are people doing a job. a doctor saving a life is not a hero either thsts their job but they deserve more respect than peopme that go to someones elses country and begin blowing shit up. dont kid yourself, we are thr agressors this time.

As minor as it sounds, you should honor his request because of his sacrifice. It's not like he's asking for it for free, he's still a customer.

Two are for less than a dollar. I respect what people in the military do, but it's not just because they served that they always deserve better treatment than everyone else. And yes, I'll accept any downvotes that come my way, but that's my opinion.

Ari1337 15

if you're gonna discount two 39 cent slim jims, they might as well be given to him for free.

59 I don't care what someone has done they don't deserve to be treated any better than the next person.

so if I were to kill your mother #70, you would treat me the same as your best friend??

Dude I throw you a party I hate that bitch.

Or Jiffy Lube, O'Reilly Autoparts, Autozone is not the only car place out there.

I agree with the discount on stuff for military, but it seems a this man is abusing it heavily