By Anonymous - 24/07/2014 21:23 - United States - Annandale

Today, a customer threatened to smash my face in because I wouldn't give him a veteran's discount on a donut. He looked like he'd eaten his way out of fat camp, and it seemed the only action he'd seen was fighting his way into a lard factory. Still, he swung fast, and I now have a black eye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 479
You deserved it 17 961

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you said that to him, I'd punch you too.

I think what a lot of the commenters are missing is the fact that it's a DONUT. It's not accommodation, or basic food, it's a luxury. If he can afford a donut he can afford full price.

Comments

YDI If your store does not give veterans discounts then get a manager to deal with it instead of arguing with a customer. If your store does offer discounts and the guy was a veteran then you got exactly what you deserved for making it about the guys weight. Who cares if he's fat? He qualifies for a discount and you have no right to deny him. Making it about his weight just proves that you're a scumbag.

As a 1stLt of Marines, I think you deserved it. My grandfather was in for 6 years, got out, got married, and my Mamaw literally fattened him up. He's huge. But does that mean he's not a veteran? My point is this: don't judge a book by its cover, and also if you give respect, you get it. Just saying.

noynek97 10

You're a scumbag. That guy gave up a lot so you can go around denying people what that deserve.

You deserved it. By the way you spoke of him in this post, you're a very rude person with no real people skills. I could be mistaken but I doubt it.

You were being the ass here. The costumer is always right, even when they're wrong. Its rule of thumb, that you're going to get punched for calling a costumer fat.

That is a horrible rule of thumb, customers are idiots. Well a good amount of them.

Customers always right?? **** THAT RULE, customers arent always right and i will not be belittled by stupid ***** who think their shit doesnt stink, not today sunshine!!

QueenofWheels 13

Who are you to decide what they should get a discount for?

flynryder 7

Shouldn't judge a book by its cover. And if you do you better be able to duck fast

See OP forgot that everyone is a special snowflake that cannot be insulted or they'll have to go home and cry to their mommies

Whether the gentleman was or was not a veteran is not at issue. At issue is you having missed the implications of your reaction to the presence of a potential veteran. Had he been a veteran, he may very well have been involved in actions and events that you, me, and everyone else here has no ability to comprehend the depth of hurt he has experienced (and I'm a retired US Navy Submariner) and, as a result, the myriad of coping mechanisms he has adopted - many without the slightest idea he has done so because of the numbness and survival mode he is perpetually in, just to remain semi-functional in society, and on top of that he may very well have been a very well trained veteran to boot! And what does numb nuts do? Denies him a discount on a doughnut! The guy may very well have deserved your compliments and praise. Maybe he deserved to be spit on. Who knows. Someone I'm sure. But you didn't, that is for sure. You got a black eye. He fought for our country. You fought for a doughnut!