By Anonymous - 03/08/2015 15:29 - United States

Today, a bunch of friends and I went skinny dipping in a pond. The guys all grabbed the ladies' underpants and waved then around. My bloody pad was inside of one of them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 871
You deserved it 15 387

Same thing different taste

Top comments

the string would be hanging out if she went skinny dipping lol and the pad wouldn't have been bloody if she had a tampon. ^

Comments

Did anyone notice the typo... Or am I just reading it wrong

It's okay #11, they usually end up fixing those kinds of things shortly after they're pointed out.

lolhailsatan 23

That's really rough, but you could have easily prevented that by using a tampon or just not have gone skinny dipping on your period. And I mean you left your underwear (and bloody pad) just sitting in the open for some dumb boys to grab. YDI

Yeah you totally deserve it for trying to have fun with your friends on your period, shame on you. I mean it's definitely your fault for them stealing underwear that isn't yours. (Sarcasm)

if youre going skinny dipping with a bunch of guys of course they'll do some stupid shit lmao her fault

40- the problem with it isn't that she wanted to have fun, it's that she wasn't responsible enough to do something with her bloody pad.

44- what could she do? Discard it in a bush and then have no protection for the rest of the day? In the end of it OP is not going to sacrifice her underwear to make immature boys feel more comfortable, OP is already uncomfortable, it sucks they had see blood oh wo as them, maybe now they'll learn not to steal someone's freakin underwear ffs!

136- I don't know about you but when I'm on my period, I plan and bring extra pads or tampons. string or no string showing she could have had a tampon and as soon as she knew what was going to happen, use the bathroom and throw the pad there and use the tampon if there was no bathroom she should have at least had a bag. And it seems to me she was more embarrassed than the boys were.

fashionbug9880 22

#138, not all women are comfortable with wearing tampons. Maybe she only wears pads and is fine with that. Also, skinny dipping is usually spontaneous, so you can't blame her for not being prepared with extra protection, because maybe she doesn't usually carry extra tampons or has already used up her extras earlier. If there was no bathroom to change into a tampon if she does wear them, she may not want to litter, the pad is still usable, or she hadn't thought to change since she didn't know the boys would be waving around her underwear.

YDI for going skinny dipping whilst the river runs red.

Once they realize.. They wont do it again

if its like a river or large body of if water that isn't contained then I don't see an issue with going in while you're on. Its washing away and its not like its feces or something... op might have been too embarrassed to decline due to being on or not known they were gonna skinny dip or any other combination of things. I say the guys shouldnt have been rummaging in her underwear. same as I used to say to guys at school who rummage though girls bags and freaked out when they found sanitary products... like its their fault for going in a bag that wasn't theirs without permission.

ViviMage 38

Use a tampon! Or better yet, wait till Aunt Flo leaves!!

dragoongirl90 34

I agree. **** all the down voters.

I love how everyone assumes she wasn't wearing a tampon either. I know when I was younger my parents convinced my sisters and I that water "stopped" your period temporarily. I know it's stupid and false now but I believed it before.

ThePandoricaOpen 18

It actually does work for a little bit. For the record, the only time I've tried this, was in the shower, and nowhere else, ever.

My period seems to temporarily stop when I go into the bath... perhaps it's not a myth

Blood uses gravity to flow/drop out of your body. Water prevents this because of the counter pressure. Gravity normally isn't strong enough to fight it.

Are you saying water stops gravity? Because that's what it sounds like

Yes #107 because that's how you can swim in a pool and not just sink straight to the bottom like you would standing on the floor

#107 gravity is actually not as strong as you think it is. A magnet on a fridge is opposing the gravitational pull of the entire Earth, quite easily. Even though it's a liquid, water exerts a pressure similar to that of a plug and it's stronger than the pull of gravity. It makes sense if you think about it - your period blood is a liquid, just like water is. Unless it's denser than water, there's no reason for your period blood to get drawn out or sink down. If you pour a cup of water into a tub, gravity isn't going to pull that amount of water down further. Those water molecules will disperse naturally given enough time but it will mostly float around where you've poured it. Blood works the same way.