Tinder surprise

By Anonymous - 14/01/2023 04:00

Today, a woman turned up uninvited at my house, ready for our first date. After some embarrassed investigating, it turns out my mother signed me up to Tinder and arranged a date, all without telling me, because she refuses to believe I prefer solitude over dating. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 061
You deserved it 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just as much of an FHL in this case. She's the one who got catfished

You don't need a password to steal someone's social media photos who is a friend and make an account. Nothing OP could do to prevent it except blocking his mom on social media or not giving an address. That may be the next step.

Comments

Wow sort of like reverse catfishing!!! I assume Mom was well intended, but that’s way over the line… It just goes to show why you don’t share passwords or keys with your parents once you are older… Kind of tough too for your supposed “date”!

You don't need a password to steal someone's social media photos who is a friend and make an account. Nothing OP could do to prevent it except blocking his mom on social media or not giving an address. That may be the next step.

I was not trying to suggest OP could have prevented this - I assume his Mom created the whole profile… I am suggesting that someone as inconsiderate as “mom” could likewise show up unexpected if she has a key. And it could get even worse if she has OP’s login information on other websites and social media. Mom has already shown she has no hesitation with intruding in OP’s life to an extreme degree.

I hope you mean NEW girlfriend! (I've always wanted to say the opposite of that old "I hope you mean EX..." cliché. Today is my lucky day.) You should at least give her a chance.

how about, instead, you start accepting other peoples live choices. of OP wants to live alone, it's their prerogative.

I hope you at least had a nice first date and put forth the effort

Just as much of an FHL in this case. She's the one who got catfished

But…what about the GRANDBABIES? That’s all his mother wanted was a horde of GRANDBABIES!

I hope you were at least a gentleman and brought her dinner?

Blobby McGee 5

tell your mom that this is how older people get put into retirement homes