Time to invest in a gas mask!

By crystalxuk - 31/07/2017 18:18 - Republic of Korea

Today, after living in Korea for 6 months due to my husband's military career, doctors finally found out why I've been sick since I've been here. I'm allergic to the air. The air quality is so bad here that it is making me sick. Only 2 more years to go before we get moved again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 139
You deserved it 395

crystalxuk tells us more.

crystalxuk 25

After years of being on FML, I finally get featured! It started about 2 weeks after we got here and I basically have hives, am very itchy, and have severe allergies. All this has made me very depressed for months I just stay at home with the windows closed and the air cleaner on because it gets worse whenever I go outside. So the Army is letting us apply for "compassionate reassignment" which lets us move to our next army base earlier than we are supposed to. Hopefully it gets approved!

Top comments

It might be 2 years before your husband get's stationed somewhere else, however you can move earlier. If your health is being affected by the air quality you need to give moving now some serious thoughts.

They say that gas mask are coming back into fashion. You'll be the star of the town.

Comments

They say that gas mask are coming back into fashion. You'll be the star of the town.

It might be 2 years before your husband get's stationed somewhere else, however you can move earlier. If your health is being affected by the air quality you need to give moving now some serious thoughts.

Just because they technically "can," doesn't mean it's feasible. Example being you CAN stick your hand in lava, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. Finances, lack of family, living costs, marital strain, risk to mental health, no guarantee they won't be allergic to something wherever they move to... it's not exactly as easy as you make it sound.

Sticking your hand in lava is about the worst example you could have given when discussing things you can do. Just about the only way for a human to submerge their hand in lava is to force it in with about a football's volume of tungsten. Humans aren't strong or dense enough to force their hand in by themselves.

crystalxuk 25

It's a process to seperate families in the army. You can't just leave. But we are looking into moving early so hopefully that gets approved!!

Lobby_Bee 17

Time to buy cases of canned air. They are selling like hotcakes in China.

adventureinthesea 14

Man, more people need to watch Doctor Who apparently!

Ah, someone who gets it, that's fantastic! Allonsy!

Holy crap! I re-watched that episode just the other day!

Fill your home with air purifiers, its extremely common to have them in Korea. If you are unable to move, you'll also probably need the face masks when you go out. Perhaps find another location an hour or more away from your current? Your husband may have to live on base, but if you're only an hour out near cleaner air, you could always visit evening/weekends. I hope it works out for you. I'm sorry it has caused you to be sick!

i have one but i live in BC and eith the pollen around i do find my whole family breathes easier and the air feels cleaner and not stale if weve been out all day.

You're so funny! Korea for two years? Between Kim Jung-Un and Donald Trump, the peninsula is going to be gone in the next few weeks -- months, tops.

The flag up there belongs to South Korea Kim Jong Un belongs to NORTH Korea You are referring to the wrong Korea...

Orioh 8

North Korea's government has plans to take prisoners along the borders of South Korea, plus south korea is facing heat too. china, south korea, and Russia are the only ones suppressing kim jong un. but even then.. well fck

It’s going to be hard to annihilate one without harming the other.

Dustin Allen-Duwayne Lakey 16

Not exactly. Coordinated Icbms along with one tactical nuclear weapon could potentially destroy everything in North Korea while maintaining the borders to the north and south. My job in the army was to assess and plan situations like this. How to destroy one country without harming the surrounding countries.

Or you could do the reasonable thing and move somewhere else. Long-distance relationships are better than living like that.

I've been in korea 5 years what you have is called the Korean Krud most people get it in the first few months here. it's caused by the yellow dust, go to medical the doc should have a shot for you and you'll be back to normal

ItsSuperNova 2

And yet another reason why America is awesome. It was a joke in case you haven't noticed.