Time to invest in a gas mask!

By crystalxuk - 31/07/2017 18:18 - Republic of Korea

Today, after living in Korea for 6 months due to my husband's military career, doctors finally found out why I've been sick since I've been here. I'm allergic to the air. The air quality is so bad here that it is making me sick. Only 2 more years to go before we get moved again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 139
You deserved it 395

crystalxuk tells us more.

crystalxuk 25

After years of being on FML, I finally get featured! It started about 2 weeks after we got here and I basically have hives, am very itchy, and have severe allergies. All this has made me very depressed for months I just stay at home with the windows closed and the air cleaner on because it gets worse whenever I go outside. So the Army is letting us apply for "compassionate reassignment" which lets us move to our next army base earlier than we are supposed to. Hopefully it gets approved!

Top comments

It might be 2 years before your husband get's stationed somewhere else, however you can move earlier. If your health is being affected by the air quality you need to give moving now some serious thoughts.

They say that gas mask are coming back into fashion. You'll be the star of the town.

Comments

crystalxuk 25

After years of being on FML, I finally get featured! It started about 2 weeks after we got here and I basically have hives, am very itchy, and have severe allergies. All this has made me very depressed for months I just stay at home with the windows closed and the air cleaner on because it gets worse whenever I go outside. So the Army is letting us apply for "compassionate reassignment" which lets us move to our next army base earlier than we are supposed to. Hopefully it gets approved!

I wish you and your husband the best and that your request gets approved.

I hope they do approve your compassionate reassignment. Keep us posted!

Hey, come back & update us. It'd be nice to know how everything went. Good luck! :)

Orioh 8

I'm late but I hope you do get approved.

Orioh 8

I thank your husband for his service.

I just moved to Yongsan, are you stationed here too? The sir is so bad it makes my eyes water when I go outside!

crystalxuk 25

No I'm at Camp Humphreys. You'll probably move down here soon because they're moving everyone up there down here. But yeah the air quality is terrible! Wear a mask outside when it's bad. It really helps.

see if you can find natural honey from the area. sounds crazy, but it might help your body slowly adjust to the environment and help with you hives. It works wonders with my allergies

tolkien897 15

I hope everything goes well with your reassignment.

I'm sure your body will eventually get used to it.

wtfdaemon 3
LudA9844 11

If that's the US Military you probably have 2.5 years to go

SteelSoul5 9

I lived in Pusan, South Korea outside of the military and had my baby there. I know what you're talking about... Good luck!!