This is not a choice

By Anonymous - 20/07/2022 14:00

Today, I came out to my parents. Now my dad only refers to me as "Nancy Boy", and not in a nice way, that’s if he even bothers to speak to me at all. Mostly he just pretends I don’t exist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 249
You deserved it 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Every time he calls you "Nancy Boy", start singing it. It's a great song.

Aw man, I’m sorry. This is exactly why I’m not out to my mother either. But the good thing is that our community has always been right there to offer support and fill that gap, when you’re able to get out on your own.

Comments

Aw man, I’m sorry. This is exactly why I’m not out to my mother either. But the good thing is that our community has always been right there to offer support and fill that gap, when you’re able to get out on your own.

Would you like him to call you "Nancy Boy" in a nice way? That would be more disturbing than him snubbing you.

Every time he calls you "Nancy Boy", start singing it. It's a great song.

It will take time for him to fully process. I know several people it took over a year when their son came out. I am willing to say he still loves you but is trying to process it. He could be yelling and screaming about it, so take that as a good sign. Give him time and reassure him that you have not changed who you are. You are still his son and still love your parents. Let your mom help talk to him too. it sounds like you may have an ally there.

It may take Dad time to process, but once OP is out on their own, they are under no obligation to associate with Dad.

FYI, Nancy Boy is only derogatory,there is no nice way to use it