The old switcheroo

By Anonymous - 13/03/2013 16:14 - United States - New York

Today, I had a job interview. I didn't have any clothes suitable for the interview, so I went to the store early and bought some there. After the interview, I went to return the clothes, because they were so expensive. The hiring manager saw me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 944
You deserved it 44 200

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You didn't think to get the clothes from somewhere else. You totally deserve this..

Why wouldn't you go to a different store to buy the clothes? Or at least at a different day to return them?

Comments

Why would you buy interview clothes from the store that you're being interviewed by? It's not like they're going to say: "You buy your clothes here? Wow, you must be loyal and therefore a great employee! You're hired!" Hopefully all that resulted was an awkward conversation. Still, there's absolutely no way you don't deserve this.

If its a chain you could have just bought them at a different store of the same brand, waited like a week to return the clothes, or kept them for future interviews, you already spent the money and no one wants to buy your worn clothing.

perdix 29

The good news is that you won't get the job where you'll have to deal with assholes like yourself.

caitiebug1119 15

Why not buy them from another store? Or go to Goodwill? Or started looking for cheap interview clothes while you were job hunting? Or borrowed something from a friend or family member? Even if the hiring manager didn't see you while you were returning them, every employee who was there when you were interviewed saw you. Didn't you also still have the tags on during the interview? That should have been a tip off. Be happy you got your money back at all. If I knew you had already worn the clothes, I wouldn't give you your money back. And why return them at all? If you didn't definitely have the job that day, wouldn't you think "Gee, I hope I'll get another interview if this doesn't work. I'm going to need this later"?

Yeah you should have gone thrift shopping.

OhhhMaryy 12

Most of the people that comment this shit, didnt even understand the ******* story

sofitina 20

Would you care to elaborate on that considering most people are commenting around the same thing.

What's not to understand, the stupid OP decided to buy clothes from the place he/she was interviewing for then returned them that same day as the interview and didn't even think about the fact that the person who interviewed them might see because it's not like they work there or anything. YDI next time buy clothes from somewhere else that's cheaper or return them a different day. FYI store clerks are not that stupid, they can tell when it's been worn.

First, I thought OP was quite possibly the stupidest person I've seen on FML. Now, I don't know, maybe you are.

When I first read it I didn't think OP went to an interview at the actual store. I thought he had an interview at an office or something and just happened to bump into the hiring manager at the same store later because the manager went there for something too. After reading it through multiple times I'm pretty sure it could mean either? Maybe that's what 20 meant?

xStaciexLynnx 15

I think when OP says that they went early to the store it gives the impression that the buying and interview were at the same place. Also, why would a hiring manager at a random office care if they saw you returning clothes somewhere?

Because the manager just saw him wearing the same clothes? Besides the FML doesn't say that the manager actually said anything, OP could have just presume that he understood what was going on because he's paranoid about the job offer and knows that he's doing something morally frowned upon.

I think you should give the clothes to this commenter. She's not wearing much and she looks a bit chilly. Put some clothes on before you take trout pout pics of yourself. Oh and for the record, I think it's YOU who doesn't 'understand the ******* story' after all, all of us are making sense........

That's exactly what I thought too, I think it could mean either situation. It makes a big difference on whether its a ydi or fml depending on what the OP actually meant

fksfsdhfsdfh 26

Ydi for using things then returning them!

sofitina 20

First of all, there are plenty of different stores you can go to, to purchase clothes and I'm pretty sure for a less expensive price. Even if there wasn't couldn't you have been smart enough to return it another day? Sigh. Sorry Hun, YDI.

sofitina 20

Also, wouldn't you need them for interviews in the future? And would you like to wear something worn by someone else? I know I sure as hell wouldn't.