The knack

By BrillianceSucks - 05/04/2013 00:10 - Canada

Today, I had to give a 15-minute presentation for a conference. I hadn't had the time to write out a proper speech so I decided to just wing it. My sponsor liked my presentation so much he wants me to turn it into an article. Now if only I could remember what I said. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 248
You deserved it 12 465

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ITSaSHOT 7

You just winged a speech, just wing the article too.

You winged it once you can wing it again!

Comments

Dude, just casually talk to the people who were there. Mention you're writing it up and that you'd like their opinion on what parts to include. When people feel important like that, they spill and you'll get most of what you said back to you.

ItsAnanya 25

I might be wrong but isn't there always like a cameraman recording the whole programme / conference? Ask around for that! Or just wing the article like everyone said :] Best of luck OP!

Ask people who were listening what they thought of your presentation, as you're looking for feedback before you write your article to help inspire you (or something). Then ask then what their favourite part of your speech was, hopefully you'll remember and you'll have an idea of what you said?

perdix 29

Just tell the sponsor that you're illiterate and can't read or write, but compensate with exceptional listening and speaking skills. If you can wing a speech, surely you should be able to wing some lame excuse to not write some dumb article!

ZacZ 8

Its so much easier when you wing it.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Maybe the speech was actually bad and the sponser knew he wasn't prepared so he's just messing with him. Just a thought.

sahracrou 7

Usually there is someone who films the whole thing, try to find out if you can get the tape?

The best policy would be come clean and tell him that you didnt prepare a speak but just spoke off your head, but you were willing to prepare the article. It will get you admirance and get you out of trouble at the same time.

That really sucks. Maybe you can remember some and wing the rest?