The deal

By Anonymous - 25/09/2023 10:00

Today, after a day of anxiety and worry that something bad would happen, I decided to keep my two daughters home from being flower girls at my sister's wedding. Now my sister and entire family is blowing up my phone. Apparently her wedding is my important than a mother worried about her babies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 125
You deserved it 2 331

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your fears and worries are valid, but that doesn't make them reasonable or justified. Assuming you have a good relationship with your family, you were taking your daughters to a very public event, filled with people that your sister personally vouched for or that those people vouched for, and you would have been right there with your girls. Plus you backed out at the last possible second, causing significant stress and logistical issues for everyone else, when you could have told them you weren't going to bring your daughters days or weeks in advance. I'm saying this gently, but you genuinely need to seek help. Living with this amount of your unfounded anxiety isn't going to be good for your daughters developmentally, and it isn't pleasant for you.

By keeping your kids away from the wedding, you created your own bad situation you were so worried about. YDI.

Comments

Wait, kept them home from being flower girls, as in you made the FLOWER GIRLS miss the WEDDING ITSELF, and now you're wondering why your family is upset at you? You let your anxiety potentially cause real problems in your sister's wedding. You deserve it, and this is more an FML for everyone else around you.

hello helicopter Karen. I think you might just need a therapist. you ruined both your daughter's and your sister's day. it was a wedding, not an outdoor concert in Chicago. I live just outside of Chicago and won't go into the city unless I absolutely have to (like visiting my dying father in the hospital, which i did) only that would justify you keeping them home.

Your story is a sad one. And like other said, you need to seek help for you to get better, for your children to grow up without too much trauma.