The curse

By Anonymous - 04/05/2020 20:00

Today, at a time when dating app usage is at an all time high, in 3 months I've only managed 4 likes and one brief match on Bumble. I'm not terrible looking by any means, yet I'm weeks away from my 8-year anniversary of being single. Am I cursed or something? FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 481
You deserved it 242

Same thing different taste

Top comments

silvermoon5033 26

It might not be your face, but your personality that's ugly.

One of the reasons why I reject some matches on other apps is because after talking to them, I get a lot of red flags. Desperation is off putting.

Comments

Lydmyers 9

Proper romantic relationships just don't really exist these days, OP.

Sady_Ct 37

Met my partner through plenty of fish. I didn’t like his pic and so I didn’t match with him, but he messaged me so I was polite and messaged back. We talked by phone/message for 6 hours a day for a solid month before anything romantic came through, and now I can’t imagine life without him.

Even Jon Arbuckle finally found a girlfriend. You might want to get rid of this mackinaw Fortrel suit and keep the accordion for later. Also, let the fat orange cat at home when going outside with your date.

SpaceshipOnAcid 9

Honestly, it's likely how you're coming across either in conversation or by something on your profile. Personality goes a long way, and if you've really been single for that long, you need to start doing some self-reflecting and think about the behaviors or habits you may have that are potentially toxic.

zeffra13 31

I only ever tried OkCupid, and only for a short time, but I rarely went through looking for guys profiles. I got tons of messages the first couple weeks, but almost all of them were just "hello/hi/hey." Then some of the guys would send angry messages if I didn't respond. Like, I got 30 messages today, I do not have time to read over everyone's profile, and since you haven't said anything specific, for all I know you're just sending Hey to every girl on the site until someone responds. Why should I spend time figuring out how to actually start the conversation when he won't? One of my guy friends was struggling on dating sites, but said he always just sends Hey too and gets low responses. I'd respond to guys that made a comment or asked a question based on something on my profile. It shows you aren't just spamming girls and have a genuine interest. Basically, if you aren't being matched with people, try a more active approach to it.

I know the feeling. I never really thought I was ugly until recently thanks to apps like Bumble and PoF. I haven’t had any matches on bumble for months and she just stopped talking to me out of no where even though we had made plans to go on a date. (This was before the Corona virus pandemic). I, too, feel like I am cursed to be single.