The 1970s called…

By titsmcgee - 11/02/2015 21:51 - United States - Oak Brook

Today, the CEO of my company leaned over and said, "Hey, I've been meaning to thank you…" I thought he was going to thank me for all of my hard work, but he continued, "…for wearing that shirt today. I can totally see your boobs." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 218
You deserved it 7 064

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Sounds like you're about to own his company. Power to you, Ms. New CEO.

I really want to defend you OP, because that's harassment, but maybe you broke the dress code, so you got your part of guilt on this one. Anyhow I suggest pay a visit to HR. There are ways to say "you're not dress poperly" and this is not one of them.

Well she should be flattered. He said she had nice boobs. If OP didn't want that comment, she shouldn't have worn transparent shirts.

Miscellanonymous 8

Countless if you werent dressed appropriately for the job, he still should'nt have addressed you in those choice of words. take up to.HR.

jentrynicole 20

How unprofessional. You really need to follow up with HR and make sure he never says something like this again.

That's when I'd say "thank you too, for making a comment that will ensure I never have to work again since I'm suing you for sexual harassment, emotional & mental anguish...those millions I'll win in court will afford me a lavish lifestyle"

sylverdrag_fml 9

The comment was inappropriate, but this is making a mountain of a mole hill. Harassment is defined as "behavior intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive." Repetitive. One offhand comment doesn't qualify as harassment just because the recipient happens to be female, and it's very unlikely he intended to disturb or upset OP. Poor baby, the CEO complimented her cleavage on display. It's absolutely terrible! What he is telling her is "your boobs are showing" and "I like it". And instead of taking the hint that perhaps she should dress a bit more professionally, you scream "harassment". If one of your juniors' dick was showing through his pants, you wouldn't say something, one way or another? What you would say would depend on whether or not you are interested in said junior, but you would say something. I dare you to say that you wouldn't say anything to a junior walking around with a large schlong molded in tight pants. You know you would. And you wouldn't be nice about it either.

Sexual harassment does NOT have to be repetitive. One incident is more than enough. While there is usually a dress code in a work place, it does not give ANYONE the right to make comments like that. It is absolutely unacceptable, especially since it's coming from a position of authority though I'm sure he'll use THAT for leverage if OP wants to keep her job if she complains.

Even though the boss is in the wrong for saying that, I agree that op should have checked what she was wearing, idk we also dont have the whole story either, maybe something happened that caused her shirt to expose more then it should have.

Thats super unprofessional of your CEO, but maybe it was just the wrong way of telling you, you're dressed inappropriately for work. If you weren't wearing a shirt where he can see you boobs he wouldn't have said anything.