Thanks, random stranger

By { o } - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Miami

Today, an old man approached me at work. I smiled and asked, "Hi, can I help you"? He looked at me for a few seconds before replying, "Fuck me, you need to lose some weight!" and then wandering off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 077
You deserved it 3 846

Top comments

What a horrible thing to say. Hope it didn't ruin your day, OP! Ignore the idiot.

Eyalsh 32

i am a drummer and i don't get the connection -.-

Comments

chillandfun 12

Help him find the exit and his manners.

Eyalsh 32

at least you're still young? never mind him, old people devide into two; total angels OR spawns of Lucifer himself.

I don't understand why people just can't keep their own damn opinion to themselves when they see someone they 'think' is overweight. That was beyond rude and you are amazing that you let him walk away. If it was me, he'd walk away with more then just a limp. Unfortunately you really can't do much to old, stupid, opinionated people.

I agree it's a rude comment. But why is think in quotations? And just about everyone is opinionated, whether the choose to share them or not. And who says the old guy is stupid? He may be an asshole, but that isn't a reflection on his intelligence alone.

some people don't have filters, they speak before they think.

Yeah let him live his life while he can

Should've replied, "Please, you wouldn't even last as a pre-work out"!

AMcM_fml 21

People think they can say what they want to customer service workers cause they can't retaliate... It's disgusting. Not everyone is an asshole OP...

OP's reply: I wish we could help you Sir but at this moment we are not authorized to treat demented assholes. You may have to visit your local doctor or if that's expensive, you might have to mind your ******* business, Sir.

If he doesn't have tourettes then he is just a d*ck.

If you are perfectly happy with how you look, it wouldn't matter what anyone says, but you made an FML about it which indicates you are actually unhappy with your weight. You can take what he said as a motivation, to get you started on a weight loss program. Plenty of information on the internet about nutrition and type of cardio exercises you can do. Motivation is key to success and you have been presented with an opportunity that take that first big step towards your goals.

There are better ways to motivate an individual than insulting them. Positive motivation tends to lead to positive outcomes, whereas negative motivation leads to negative outcomes.