Thanks, "Mom"

By thafinest - 12/10/2009 23:32 - United States

Today, I received a call from a collection agency. Since I had no clue, I was ready to file a police report for stolen identity. I then called my mom only to find out she has been opening new credit cards with my information for 3 years and not paying them. My credit is ruined and I'm only 21. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 657
You deserved it 2 290

Same thing different taste

Top comments

teethsoup 0

wow still call the cops or something i've heard of this happening before to 1 year olds who cant do anything about it thats terrible. your mom is evil!

Bring in the law! You can't just shrug it off because she's family.

Comments

Resist the urge to murder your mom for ruining your life. file charges, and get a good lawyer.

That is absolutely horrible. I know my family is struggling financially, but I would hope that my mother would never try to put my credit in the shitter because they needed money for X, Y, and Z. I only just turned 18 about a month ago, and I'm going to have to take out an assload and a half of loans in the next few years to pay for college. I only hope that she wouldn't do something like this to me. OP, FYL. Hope that you can get this resolved. My heart goes out to you.

letitbe56 0

You could still file that police report.

that's called identity theft, press charges

Press charges. Your mom stole your identity, it doesn't matter that she's your mom. Would you rather have your life / credit ruined while she gets off the hook or would you rather her pay for what she's done and have your life and credit back unharmed? Not that difficult of a choice.

xkayla_gorex 0

my mom has been doing the same exact thing and im barley 18, she just says not to worry, yet continues to use it...

sportsnut 0

you do realize that your mother was the one that stole you identity...right? and that you should file a police report like you would with any other criminal. Why would your mother be an exception?

jendmurray5 0

If you don't do anything about it now, you most likely never have good credit. She's probably using your credit cuz her's isn't good. Just think that when you want to buy a house and car, they will turn you down. Some jobs even check your credit as well and having bad credit will make them run away from hiring you. And to #91- I wouldn't even for a second believe it!! It will only get worse if you let it continue.

larsonbp 0

Opening someone else's mail is a felony. Your mom's a bitch.

PlasmaWafflez 0

Hey man yes it sucks, but it's an easy fix. Tell your mom if she doesn't fix this herself, you're going to the police. Give her a bit of time, since she's your mother, but if it looks like she's not making any effort to pay it off, then go to the police. Tell them you don't want to press charges, but you just want your credit cleared, and they'll make her pay and have your credit cleared. Also, your mom is a bitch for doing that dude, I'd be pretty pissed. The easiest route for her is to take out money from her line of credit, pay off all of the bills, and then she just has one thing to pay back, with lower insurance.