Thanks mom

By unemployed - 24/08/2012 18:00 - United States - Alhambra

Today, my mom called while I was at a job interview. I ignored the call, but the interviewer was so offended by the fact I'd rudely left it on at all, that he threw me out. I found out from my mom later that she'd called to wish me good luck. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 478
You deserved it 26 317

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It should have been on silent but the interviewer still should have been more understanding...and who would actually want to work for someone who overreacts like that anyways

Well now you know for next time i guess. My mom usually does the same thing -_-

Comments

You COULD have cake, but may you? No. Why? Because I already stole it from them. You'll have to find me first. >:)

Elovena 9

No offense but on my first interview I knew to turn my phone off. I was sixteen.

I was 14 and i knew to turn my phone off

McAninch35 9

I was two and a half. I win

Oh my gosh, do you honestly not think this is your fault? You should ALWAYS keep your phone on silent at things like that, especially on interviews! Did you at least say excuse me and turn it off? Or did you just let it keep ringing like crazy? Either way, the interviewer probably got the impression that you don't care enough to turn off your phone. Should have been smarter about it, because any little thing can just absolutely piss off the person interviewing you and that's all they'll remember!

Sorry OP, looks like your mom jinxed it (TT^TT)

Interviewing 101, DO NOT HAVE YOUR PHONE ON IN AN INTERVIEW. Jeez, it's disrespectful of the interviewer's time if they have to pause the interview while you figure out what to do with your ringing phone. I've gone on a couple interviews where the interviewer's phone rang and I felt slightly peeved, so I can only imagine how he must have felt. I'm just hoping you didn't have some idiotic ringtone.

"Shawtie wanna... Licklicklicklicklick lick that lollie-pop." OP: Oh sorry, it's my mom. I gotta take this. *leaves interview room*

#17: I actually hope it was Sir Mix-A-Lot. It'd be fantastic Seriously, though, OP, who leaves their phone on in a job interview? Put that shit on silent.

My ringtone for ALL standard calls is the old Leo saying "Thunder Thunder Thunder, ThunderCATS HO!!!!"

easyprey 8

That's an awesome ringtone! I gotta go download that :)

Comments like these are reasons I'm thankful most large businesses have an HR department to handle things like these, as apparently the average person is unaware of the basic fundamentals of the interview.

tell that interviewer off to suck it and it could've been worse for him.

You are SUCH a rebel. Congratulations.

Yes, that's exactly what you want to do - insult the interviewer. That's a guaranteed way to get the job. Brilliant plan.

Joke's on you! That was...actually, I have no idea what that was. But the cake was a lie. ( ._.)

captainburke 5

The interviewer sounds like a prick, you don't want to work for him anyway

He's a prick because OP was an idiot and left their phone on? Sorry, but I fail to see how the interviewer is in the fault here

bixfish 4

I'm sure he had enough common since to know that he should have had his phone off.. He must have forgotten (it's easy to do especially if you're nervous).

I always turn off my phone, specially if I'm nervous because one of the reasons I'm nervous is because I worry my phone is going to start ringing. If I'm going to go to a job interview the first thing on my mind is turning off my phone or I just leave it in my car.