Thanks mom

By unemployed - 24/08/2012 18:00 - United States - Alhambra

Today, my mom called while I was at a job interview. I ignored the call, but the interviewer was so offended by the fact I'd rudely left it on at all, that he threw me out. I found out from my mom later that she'd called to wish me good luck. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 478
You deserved it 26 317

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It should have been on silent but the interviewer still should have been more understanding...and who would actually want to work for someone who overreacts like that anyways

Well now you know for next time i guess. My mom usually does the same thing -_-

Comments

This happened to me yesterday too. I just got a lecture. Lol.

Mynameislinh 24

Oh, the irony. But I'm sorry to hear that OP.

You don't want to work for someone who is so anal anyway. I'm an employer and I understand that happens and wouldn't hold it against you. I guess some people just have to be pricks.

ALWAYS turn your phone off (or at least the ringer) for an interview. AND during class, and in movie theatres while the movie is on.

You'll know for future. I has an interview last week and turned off my phone on the way there. I only turned it back on when I'd left the building so I could let my dad and sister know I was finished. So many things can go against you in an interview that I'd never risk leaving my phone on.

Throwing you out might have been a bit extreme, but your phone going off in an interview will always give the interviewer a bad impression of you. Now you know for next time to turn it off!

Your phone shouldn't have been on...the first thing I do before I go into any appointment/meeting is turn my phone off.

elizacandle 29

always silent your phone in those situations!

Yeah, it's common sense to at least put it on silence..