Thanks, I hate it!

By poorkids - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Auburn

Today, my daughter called me telling me she had her twin girls. She named them Juli and Anne. Her name is Julianne. Her kids are going to fucking hate her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 402
You deserved it 4 150

Top comments

Ooh nooo! People really should realize that their children aren't pets...

Comments

Why would she do such an unoriginal and selfish thing?! You need to tell her that those names are extremely unoriginal and unimaginative. Those kids are gonna end up hating her when they make this realization that their mother named them after herself.

nancyschmancy 9

I don't think op needs to tell her daughter anything. There is nothing wrong with either of the names her daughter picked out. Do you think op would have been happier with Gizelda and Henrietta? Names are a parent's choice, not the grandparent's.

Also how unoriginal is naming a boy after the same man for many generations? Who knows the kids might actually like it. Emphasis on might though.

peachesncreem 21

The kids can have their names legally changed if they decide they really don't like the names they were given.

Considering the names are each half of the name the OP named her daughter that's like saying the OP in unoriginal in naming her own daughter. Julie and Anne are nice normal names unlike Apple, sounds retarded

Just change your name after 18 years? "Hey Anne!" "I'm sorry, who? I changed my name the other day"

i bet the comment above this one is the dumbest thing you will read today...

Congratulations on being a grandmother ^^ And Juli and Anne is both cute names, so it's kinda understandable, it is just named after all, something that can get changed, names are whenever, genes are for ever

Names are actually huge effing deals. It's expensive for name changes and it was selfish of her to not pick something other than her name to name them. Even Holly and Molly would have been better.

You have right there, but she is the mother after all, so not much say other people can have in it sadly.. At least it is possible to change name. Some considering like taking a tatto, giving a name you like, something that defines you kind of as a person

Changing your name isn't expensive or that big of a deal. My wife changed her name when she was 21 because she hated her birth name. It only takes a small fee, one court appearance and a days worth of running around to change it at all the required places. It's a little frustrating, according to wife, to explain that you're changing your whole name not just the last name from marriage. Otherwise it's not a big deal. Besides, then you get to have an AKA on your record without being a street gang member!

Not to mention this also means they're f**ked in the gene category if this is the seed they came from....

That's bloody hilarious! How narcissistic though !

I don't see why this is an FML, way worse for the kids.

I guess it's better than hazel and apple... Or Julianne II and Julianne III.

Bliss391 7

I could understand maybe those for middle names, but first names not so much. Congratulations on being a grandmother though!!

She might be trolling you. And if she isn't then it's not that bad. At least she didn't name one of them Facebook. (someone did name their daughter that)

Your daughter sounds extremely self-centered! Congrats on being a grandmother, OP, and spoil the hell out of those grandkids. ;)

Well if you think about it, its kind of clever of her to split her name like that. Congratulations on becoming a granny.