Terms and conditions

By albinoalligator - 04/07/2016 00:48 - United States - Elkton

Spicy
Today, I declined an apartment because it didn't have a detachable shower head that I could use for my enjoyment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 384
You deserved it 20 212

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can...buy a new showerhead? Like they're not even expensive or difficult to install?

keeping your priorities straight I see

Comments

TabooSushi 24

People saying "just buy one" and stuff: You are aware that some apartments/other rental homes do not allow their renters to install different hardware in their units than what was there when they moved in, right? If this was one of those places, then I can see why OP turned it down.

but at the same time maybe they really didn't the apt if they can turn it down just like because of that

While true, they could always keep the original shower head and swap it back if needed. Fight the system! Anarchy!

you are incorrect. you can change showerheads. you just need to put old one back when moving out

My husband and I have done this in the two apartments we have rented. It's simple and you aren't changing something that's difficult to change back.

okamiyazaki 8

Pretty sure that only applies to major changes like paint, carpet, oven/stove, refrigerator, etc. I don't think anyone is going to care if you put on a different shower head... You can always remove it before you move out.

TabooSushi 24

Oh really? Cause I've had a few landlords who were very ******* adamant that I never change their hardware unless it broke, and even then I had to get the exact model they told me to replace it. Douchebag landlords exist.

LevelupKid 8

So you agree with her stupidity? Why the **** would your turn down a whole house just because you can't **** yourself with the shower head? You're as stupid as she is. And you're wrong. You can totally change a shower head. I rent the house I'm in now and naught one no problem. Anyone can. Its just like painting. You just have to change it back when you move out.

You definitely can. You keep the original and put it back on when you leave. We did this same thing on a military base. And they are huge sticklers for things being perfect.

#61 No idea what it's like where you live, but in the UK once someone is renting you the apartment they can't even enter your property without giving you advanced warning. So you'd have plenty of time to put the old showerhead back on.

so keep the old one for if you move out.

AChaoticFray 25

Assuming you're a girl...it's actually bad for you to use a shower head because the water messes with your internal ecosystem. Just saying; you do you, though

TabooSushi 24

Unless you're shooting the water directly up your hoo-ha, using a shower head to stimulate the outer area of your ladyparts isn't actually harmful. You're basically just washing yourself with water, which is what you're supposed to do anyway cause soaps and stuff mess up your ecosystem whereas water is fine.

AChaoticFray 25

Fair point~ probably best not to try though, if you ask me

finalyearsofhate 22

lol that's what she intends to so ;D

YDI.....Aside from just getting a toy made for personal enjoyment, it's really quite easy to swap out a standard shower head with a detachable one. Definitely shouldn't have been the only reason to turn down an apartment.

Just buy a vibrator like a normal person

Alternatively, you could just buy an item specifically designed for that purpose? I don't even

I see responsibility isn't your strong suit

you could buy a new shower head and switch it out... not that hard

SauceySarah 30

I mean.. I don't blame you. In your case, it's a feature that is a "must have" when choosing to rent a unit, kinda like A/C or a dishwasher.

SauceySarah 30

I guess no one understood the sarcasm. Thanks for the downvotes, guys. Appreciate it.

They are $9.99 at Walmart. What? They just screw in. This makes no sense.

Why is it an FML? You declined the apartment because it didn't fit your personal priorities. Nothing bad has happened at all.