Suspicious activity

By omgn00blolz89 - 07/04/2009 00:42 - United States

Today, I was walking my little sister home from the eye doctor. It was raining out so we were kind of in a hurry to get home. We get home and about half an hour later, the cops show up. Apparently, someone saw me walking my sister and called the cops on me thinking I was a child molester. FML
I agree, your life sucks 88 570
You deserved it 3 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people are so quick to judge. Hopefully you explained everything to the cops and it all worked out.

LAWLZ. Post your pic. Seriously, some of the nicest people I know look like they could be weirdos.

Comments

frozen_heart 0

21 i'm pretty sure it wasn't just a lighthearted "oh oops, tee hee! caller made a mistake!" having the cops show up like that is not funny. be grateful OP...one day (probably in the not too distant future) you'll get arrested on suspicion alone /conspiracy theorist This reminds me of me talking walks with my brother..I am almost 13 years older than him and more than one person called me a ****...apparently they thought he was mine. because I had a kid when I was 12, and no one ever has a big age gap between siblings, ever.

how did they know where you lived? and if they did that means the person who called them knows you... hence they should know that's your sister?

@58 That's a load of government bullhonkey. It won't do nothing more than put fear into people and make them more paranoid. Raw numbers show that child molestation happens from a friend, acquaintance or family member of the child or their parents. That is why the "don't go with strangers" is pretty effective since most of the molestations happen due to the child trusting the adult in question. I'm honestly sick of this blanket statement like it will fix the problems. War on Drugs: Incarcerates more harmless people than it does to stop drugs from flowing into this country. Taking out Saddam would lead to us being seen as liberators. The vacuum we created was worse than if we left him there. Taking out the Columbian drug cartel really hasn't done a lick of good in general. Cocaine is still pretty obtainable if not more after we took out Noreaga (sp?). Us Americans seem to have this belief that others in the world are stupid. "If we cut off the head of the snake the body will die is our attitude." Unfortunately it's more like a hydra snake in which cutting off one heads produces two for our efforts. I'm all for awareness from the public but not through paranoia and fear. It leads to stupid shit like this that wastes time.

Boob_fml 6

It's because the news makes it sound like ANY adult that is with a kid MUST be molesting them. It's retarded.

patray_angel 0

I didn't feel like reading all of the comments, so sorry if this has pretty much been said.....ok, it does kind of suck that the cops were called on you as that would be pretty embarassing, but at least someone was looking out for your sister. I guess I would rather have someone report something like this than to assume and a little kid end up getting raped or worse.

To be honest if i saw a child being rushed down the street in the rain i may think it was suspicious too. Better safe than sorry. Just like the dude on the bus that saw what he thought was a person in the street, okay, so really nothing was wrong but it would have been terrible if something awful had happened and no one had done anything about it.

*sigh* People these days are so paranoid. I mean I guess it's better to be safe than sorry but, geez. I hope you cleared everything up with the cops!

tiltwrestler 0

This is why I hate liberalism, progressive-ism, governmental intrusion, political correctness, the Hitler Youth, and any other thing like this where people snitch before they know WTF they're talking about.

wallythedolly 0

Today, I saw a person hurrying a little kid into a house. Thinking they were a child molester, I called 911. Turns out it was the kid's sister. FML.

not only does that suck, but i'm concerned it took the cops a half hour to get there if they really thought you were a child molester