Supportive

By bopbop - 20/05/2009 01:21 - United States

Today, my brother came out to our family as being gay. My mother starting crying because she "wanted grandchildren." I told her that I was planning on having children. She started crying harder. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 070
You deserved it 4 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

junjouromantica 0

What a bitch, for crying for both reasons.

Comments

#10, I disagree with you. It's actually more like saying: Your brother died. Your mom cries and says she has no children. You point out that you're still alive. She cries even harder. Do you see what I'm getting at? Not only is the mother a homophobe, she implies so subtly that her other child is ugly, or something. And you're sticking up for HER =.=

Dukedj 0

Man, That sucks. Not to down on your mother, but she is a bitch. How selfish is she? I am guessing that she had children so that you could have grandchildren? Does the world revolve around her? I would seriously think of not speaking to her, and breaking off all communication with that nazi.

Your brother should've told your mom him and his partner are planning to adobt an african orphan, just to rub it in :P

No, the mother said she was gonna "have no grandchildren". That's almost as if she didn't regard the OP as her child anymore, and I certainly don't think the OP would deserve that. Forget my example and lets look at the real thing here. So what if the OP says that she'll have kids too? I don't think that is selfish. What was she supposed to do, stand back and let her mother forget about her COMPLETELY, as if she didn't even exist?

I hate ignorant parents who forget that just because a person is gay doesn't mean they can't still procreate

your mom is a bitch. everyone who says YDI. her mother said "but i wanted grandchildren" ...my interpetation of this is that she isnt thinking of the OP. and when the OP said Im planning on having kids, her mother cried because appartantly the OP wont make a good parent. thats my Interpation FYL.

She couldve been cryin of joy for you. #17 never start a sentence with 'because'

#29 - Why does it matter? They got the message across =/. And I could say things about the errors in your comment too if I wanted, but there's really no point. To the OP: FYL indeed, that sucks :(.

oh my everyone going on about how the mother only had children to have grandchildren what a load of rubbish she was just upset that she might not have grandkids from that child a person's aim in life isn't to have kids so that they'll have grandchildren god that's so stupid.