Supportive role

By Anonymous - 19/04/2023 00:00

Today, it was supposed to be date night but my sister's husband was taken to hospital, so I agreed to to babysit my nieces. My boyfriend went out drinking by himself because, “it’s not his fault I have nieces and can’t say no to my sister, so why should his night be ruined?” FML
I agree, your life sucks 918
You deserved it 418

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your (hopefully Ex) boyfriend obviously missed out on seeing that you are a caring, selfless person unlike him. That he passed up a chance to spend an evening helping you now shows how he likely won't be much help as baby daddy.

Comments

Your (hopefully Ex) boyfriend obviously missed out on seeing that you are a caring, selfless person unlike him. That he passed up a chance to spend an evening helping you now shows how he likely won't be much help as baby daddy.

I agree you can babysit alone if you asked for help a good bf would've but why wouldn't you want him to go out?

Yep. Too many people being judgemental here. We don't know how often OP's boyfriend gets to have a night off or how hard it was for him to clear his schedule.

unless you asked him for help why wouldn't he still go out? you had it handled, yes? unless he was serious long time bf he had no business being there while you babysit anyway

Maybe he had something super nice planned that cost a bit, thing is did you ask him if it was okay to cancel first or just have sister turn up with them? Not to be devils advocate but if its your planned date night he could have forked out on something, I can kinda get where he is coming from to if you dont get much time together, emergancies are emergancies but feel there was a lack of communication here,.