Summon the demons

By Anonymous - 06/05/2023 10:00

Today, after my son lost an eye in an accident, he has recently been fitted with a professionally made false eye. I thought I could trust him to take it seriously, but nope, turns out when getting the eye made, he secretly insisted the eye be a mixture of blood red and fire yellow to look demonic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 730
You deserved it 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

let him have a little fun with it! he's the one coping with losing an eye

good for him keeping a sense of humor in a shitty situation. This affects you not in the least so get over it.

Comments

good for him keeping a sense of humor in a shitty situation. This affects you not in the least so get over it.

let him have a little fun with it! he's the one coping with losing an eye

It’s his eye. He can take it as seriously as he chooses. The most you can do is suggest an eyepatch or a “normal” prosthetic for professional settings, but for everything else, well, it’s his eye and his life.

So what’s the problem? I wouldn’t care if any of my kids did that because it’s them who lost the eye, not me. Besides, it seems your son is trying to have fun considering he lost an eye.

It’s his eye. He’s the one who lost it. If he wants to get a design of him flipping off Uncle Sam in a bikini, he can do it.

sounds awesome! get over the fact that you have no choice how he dresses now and your life will be better!

lalalaila777 24

dude lost his eye, and youre bitching about the eye color of the fake eye he has to wear daily? you need to stop 🤮

I can hear your eyes rolling 😂 But you have an awesome kid. Let him own his shit the way he wants to. The choice is easy, do you want a kid (I'm assuming teen to young adult) who sounds like he's coping pretty well with a massive change in his life or do you want one completely destroyed by it? It's a no brainer. Yes the 'oh dear lord...' parental embarrassment factor is loud with this one but c'mon, very few young people can adjust well or fast to a facial disfigurement, especially in this day and age of image being absolutely everything. Celebrate his demon eye, buy yourself some snazzy demon eye contact lenses and join in. It's either that or hiding under your seat at restaurants or family gatherings... 🤣 Please high five your kid for me. He sounds like a Dude with a wicked sense of humour and a fun life ahead of him.