Mummy's bravest little boy

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Australia - Hobart

Today, my boyfriend dumped me by getting his mum to message me on Facebook. I got the message while I was packing for an overseas trip to visit him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 388
You deserved it 758

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you sure it's not just that his mum doesn't like you?

That is pathetic. He knows you're traveling to see him and couldn't even tell you to his face. You deserve better, sorry to hear!

Comments

That is pathetic. He knows you're traveling to see him and couldn't even tell you to his face. You deserve better, sorry to hear!

mariri9206 32

He may not have known that OP was going to see him. OP could have been planning to surprise him. It is a pathetic way to break up with someone and he definitely should have done it to OP's face, instead of having his mom do it through facebook.

He can't exactly do it face to face since they don't even live on the same continent. Sure it was bad to get his mom to do it for him, though for all we know his mom could have just done it on her own. And if he had known about the trip it's much better to break up beforehand than wait until after OP is there and make the entire trip extremely awkward. At least OP doesn't have to go through that.

tounces7 27

It's like multiple levels of cowardice....he gets his mom to do it - and through social media. It's Cowardiception.

I'd say he did it just in time, so you didn't have to make the trip for nothing. Getting his mom to do it for him was pathetic though. I hope you'll get over him soon

TheyCallMeDamien 17

No, still screwed. How much did that ticket cost?

#8: She might be eligible for a refund else reschedule a fun trip elsewhere later on w/ friends or new bf. :-)

Are you sure it's not just that his mum doesn't like you?

That or his mom does like her and knew that he wanted to break up, but she didn't want OP to have to go through the trip for nothing.

At least you got it before boarding the plane.

By 'overseas' do you mean 'visiting the mainland'? (Hahaha because you're from Tasmania)

lol that's what I was going to say! ?

You should still go and have an awesome time. You don't need him to enjoy your holiday OP!

Your boyfriend is a coward and a jerk. I hope he reimburses you for the cost of the trip to go visit him.

What a loser!!!! You deserve much better.

What a ******* coward, you probably dodged a bullet there OP, though I would probably check with him first just to make sure he actually DID tell her to do that, I've met some pretty insane possessive women over their sons. She might have done it on her own knowing you were coming.